Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CV clock out on external clock in
I use the cv clock out a lot with my modular but sometimes like to use other clock sources. It would be handy if when the MRCC detected clock input from somewhere it would give the same 5v pulse out that it does when it is acting as master clock.

Thanks
So far, there's been no indication that the developers have the bandwidth or desire to make the MRCC clock slave to anything.

My (minority opinion, I'm sure) is that the clock shouldn't even be in a patchbay in the first place, so any functionality there has to be considered a bonus.
I too have a question about the analog clock output. Is it possible to have this output setup to use a trs cable that has dual mono outs (basic trs Y splitter cable to mono left and right). That way tip or left channel can be clock and ring or right can be transport. This is how the clock is output on a korg sq64 and it’s great because you can feed both the clock to and the transport to the stop/start input on Pam’s New Workout. This seems like a valuable feature for connecting with certain modular gear.
I mean I'm just happy that the unit basically just about works and sysex is now mostly just about ok across all outputs (with a few caeats) but this is the feature request part of the forum so I feel it's legit to ask
(07-19-2022, 08:34 AM)Jpilarski Wrote: I too have a question about the analog clock output. Is it possible to have this output setup to use a trs cable that has dual mono outs (basic trs Y splitter cable to mono left and right). That way tip or left channel can be clock and ring or right can be transport. This is how the clock is output on a korg sq64 and it’s great because you can feed both the clock to and the transport to the stop/start input on Pam’s New Workout. This seems like a valuable feature for connecting with certain modular gear.

I am pretty sure this is a mono out, so no, a splitter wouldn't be useful here.

(07-19-2022, 01:42 PM)crx091081gb Wrote: I mean I'm just happy that the unit basically just about works and sysex is now mostly just about ok across all outputs (with a few caeats) but this is the feature request part of the forum so  I feel it's legit to ask

Yeah, totally OK to ask! My guess after having discussed this with the team before is that this one won't be incorporated. I would love to see this too, but it would be a pretty big change to what is happening inside to make that relatively small change to the output behavior. I'll continue to ask for it when we're on the subject of MRCC code though and we'll see, Steve's changed his mind before.