Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't load or save ANY preset anymore
I discovered today that suddendly I can neither save nor load any preset on the MRCC.

I was on firmware 1.0.35 when this problem happened.

I upgraded to version 1.0.52 thinking it might fix the problem, but unfortunately not.

I removed the SD card from the MRCC (as recommended by Jesse in another thread) and mounted it on my Mac without problems.

I reinserted the card in the MRCC and tried saving and loading again but the problem remained.

I did a reset on the MRCC (during bootup) but despite the message on the screen, it did infact not delete neither the presets nor the saved user labels on the sd card.

I removed the card again, mounted it on my Mac and formatted it (in Fat16) using the SD card foundations official formatting app (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/).

I reinserted the card in the MRCC and tried saving and loading multiply times but the problem remains the same - I can't do neither.

I tried resetting the card once more during the MRCC booting up but again the contents were not cleared from the card.

It seems whatever I do the MRCC has no more access to the SD card.

I have no idea what else to do. I do love the MRCC and I wish it would just work like before...
(06-14-2022, 02:11 PM)ttck Wrote: I discovered today that suddendly I can neither save nor load any preset on the MRCC.

Can your Mac write data to the card? Maybe you tested that, but I can't tell from you description, you say you formatted it, but there still appears to be data on it, you say the contents were not cleared from it when resetting the MRCC.

1. I assume you have a backup of our old card, if you haven't, and the data is still on the card, back it up.
  2. Then, if you haven't already done that, check if the card is writeable: write a file to the card, then open that file from the card. If that doesn't work, you need to try a new card, go to #6
  3. If the card is writeable, format the card using the mac disk utility (maybe that 3rd party utility is weird?), and verify it's formatted and empty.
  4. Take a good hard look with a flashlight inside the sd card slot to see if there is any dust or such blocking the contacts
  5. put the card in the MRCC and try again.
  6. get a new sd-card (IRRC <=32GB), preferably a new pre-formatted one, you can get them at any supermarket really cheap, don't put the card in your mac, but right into the MRCC, and see how that goes 
  7. if that works, copy over the files you backed up in step 1 (check the hidden files, your mac might write some crap to the card you might have backed up, you should delete that)

Skip right to step 6 if you're in an hurry.
Let's try to sort this out over at the support email. It sounds like a hardware issue.
Please reach out to me at support@conductivelabs.com and I will get it taken care of for you.
Thank you Jesse. I just sent you an Email.
(06-15-2022, 01:08 AM)Lizard of Oz Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 02:11 PM)ttck Wrote: I discovered today that suddendly I can neither save nor load any preset on the MRCC.

Can your Mac write data to the card? Maybe you tested that, but I can't tell from you description, you say you formatted it, but there still appears to be data on it, you say the contents were not cleared from it when resetting the MRCC.

Hello Lizard of Oz,

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot my problem. While I'm waiting for a new SD card to arrive, I followed your instructions with the original card.

I found out, that the MRCC can still read from the card (for examples the port labels UPLABELS.INI file) but not write to it. As if the SD card had a write protection. So I checked on my Mac but found that the card is indeed writeable.

I formatted it to FAT16 again and just as I wanted to copy over the backup data, my backup usb drive somehow shorted and died Sad

Luckily there wasn't much else on it but anways - Could I maybe ask you to send me one of your preset.INI files, to try to copy to the card and see if I can at least load it? The contents don't really matter - I just want to check if my MRCC can still load presets.

Thanks again and have a nice day (I hope you're not melting ;-) !
(06-18-2022, 05:14 AM)ttck Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 01:08 AM)Lizard of Oz Wrote:

Hello Lizard of Oz,

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot my problem. While I'm waiting for a new SD card to arrive, I followed your instructions with the original card.

I found out, that the MRCC can still read from the card (for examples the port labels UPLABELS.INI file) but not write to it. As if the SD card had a write protection. So I checked on my Mac but found that the card is indeed writeable.

I formatted it to FAT16 again and just as I wanted to copy over the backup data, my backup usb drive somehow shorted and died Sad

Luckily there wasn't much else on it but anways - Could I maybe ask you to send me one of your preset.INI files, to try to copy to the card and see if I can at least load it? The contents don't really matter - I just want to check if my MRCC can still load presets.

Thanks again and have a nice day (I hope you're not melting ;-) !

Attached Files
.zip   2022-06-19 MRCC Backup (working).zip (Size: 6.8 KB / Downloads: 1)
Thank you very much Lizard of Oz! I just tested it and unfortunately my MRCC is still not able to load or write presets from the original SD card.

@Jesse : I don't know if it is of any relevance but I just verified again that the MRCC is still able to read the labels file (UPLABELS.INI) on the card, just not the presets.
Looks like we tracked the problem down! Selection on the MRCC is done with the black selection button between the white tabstop navigation buttons, not the encoder click, so when saving or loading presets you need to press and hold [shift + selection button] rather than using the encoder click.