Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save Midi channels
Hi! 
I use Deluge to sequence Alpha Base. Problem is that Alpha Base use Midi channel 1-11 and 16. Only 4 channels left for sequence other synths. Is it possible to use MRCC to pass forward only channel 16 to Deluge so I can use channel 1-15 for sequence other synths?

Thanks!
I'm not sure I follow can you try and walk me through the connections and what you wish to do again in as much detail as you can muster?
(01-10-2022, 05:55 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I'm not sure I follow can you try and walk me through the connections and what you wish to do again in as much detail as you can muster?

Will try. Smile 

Alpha Base drumsynth is connected to Midi in 1 on the MRCC and Midi out 1. Deluge connected to Midi in 2 on the MRCC and Midi out 2. I use Deluge to sequence synths on channel 1 to 16.

Alpha Base sends out Midi on channel 1 to 11 (eleven different sounds) + channel 16 (all sounds in one drum channel). It would be nice to only recieve Midi on channel 16 on the Deluge if MRCC somehow could stop the Midi signals from channel 1 to 11 from Alpha Base so I can use those Midi channels for other synths. 

Is that possible?
(01-11-2022, 01:21 PM)xeamus Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 05:55 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I'm not sure I follow can you try and walk me through the connections and what you wish to do again in as much detail as you can muster?

Will try. Smile 

Alpha Base drumsynth is connected to Midi in 1 on the MRCC and Midi out 1. Deluge connected to Midi in 2 on the MRCC and Midi out 2. I use Deluge to sequence synths on channel 1 to 16.

Alpha Base sends out Midi on channel 1 to 11 (eleven different sounds) + channel 16 (all sounds in one drum channel). It would be nice to only recieve Midi on channel 16 on the Deluge if MRCC somehow could stop the Midi signals from channel 1 to 11 from Alpha Base so I can use those Midi channels for other synths. 

Is that possible?
Yeah, I think you can sort of cheat to make that work. In the routing from Din 1 in to Din 2 out (Alpha to Deluge) you will want to add a channel map mod, Then go edit the chosen channel map (so if you stick channel map 1 in there then go to channel map 1 to edit the parameters), and there is a parameter for exclusive, set that to Y. This just tells the MRCC to block all channels that aren't routed on this page. Next set the first line to be channel 16 in and 16 out. This makes sure the drum channel does get through, then set the other 3 channels to some channels that you are not expecting data from (so like 12-14. The outputs for these don't matter since you'll not be receiving data anyway on these channels so it doesn't matter what channel it goes to presumably, but if you want you can set those to whatever output you like as well. Now out of the channels being sent out of the Alpha, only channel 16 will reach the Deluge. 

Does that sound like a solution?

Jesse
(01-11-2022, 06:16 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:21 PM)xeamus Wrote:

Will try. Smile 

Is that possible?
Yeah, I think you can sort of cheat to make that work. In the routing from Din 1 in to Din 2 out (Alpha to Deluge) you will want to add a channel map mod, Then go edit the chosen channel map (so if you stick channel map 1 in there then go to channel map 1 to edit the parameters), and there is a parameter for exclusive, set that to Y. This just tells the MRCC to block all channels that aren't routed on this page. Next set the first line to be channel 16 in and 16 out. This makes sure the drum channel does get through, then set the other 3 channels to some channels that you are not expecting data from (so like 12-14. The outputs for these don't matter since you'll not be receiving data anyway on these channels so it doesn't matter what channel it goes to presumably, but if you want you can set those to whatever output you like as well. Now out of the channels being sent out of the Alpha, only channel 16 will reach the Deluge. 

Does that sound like a solution?

Jesse

Thanks! Will try that! Smile