Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck notes
I have a fairly complex setup where the MRCC is connected to a Cirklon2 via the Cirklon’s device port USB2 and USB3 Virtual cables routed to physical port 2 to the TX816 and physical port3 to the DeepMind. Master keyboard is any that are input to the Cirklon2, or a Chordmonger input direct via USB B to the MRCC and routed to the Cirklon on physical USB A. I’m getting stuck notes on my TX-816 and my DeepMind. Midi Clock is being sent from the Cirklon to virtual USB3 (to the DeepMind) and to the MRCC Remote’s port 3 via virtual cable 4. 

Any idea how to stop the stuck notes? Is it a bug in the MRCC that it seems to drop note-offs? 

Joel
From all the testing and reporting during the beta phase, no one had stuck notes due to the MRCC directly.

Typical reasons for stuck notes are: NIDI loops that cause notes received at a device to get retransmitted back into the system. This typically locks up more than just having stuck notes.

The other main cause is that the routing or MIDI information is changed suddenly and causes the Note Off messages to be dropped or mis-routed. I can cause that scenario by holding down notes on a controller keyboard and then changing the sending MIDI channel. I've seen this happen when a device (usually the MIDI controller/sequencer or the MRCC) gets a Patch Change message and the configuration gets changed in the middle of a sequence.

Best suggestion is to temporarily unplug a few things, test, slowly add more gear, retest, until the problem child is identified.
Well I just updated to the latest MRCC firmware (was on 1.30 I think before) after testing with nothing but factory defaults and patching USB A virtual cable 2 from Cirklon (still on 1.20 it shipped with last year) to port 2 and was still suffering from this issue and the issue now with the latest MRCC firmware (looks like 1.052) appears fixed finally! Wasn’t a midi loop or anything but a software bug after all…