Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Clock & merge
For now my last question. Hopefully. The MRCC features an internal clock and can act as a midi master. That is fantastic. What has not been made clear in the video I have seen, wether this also works in conjunction with all the other merge features.

Let's say, there is a sequencer signal coming in each on port one and two and those data get merged to output 5. Standard business.
The two incoming signals from two sequencers happen to have their own clock signal, that of course needs to be filtered by MRCC on the input side - to then being replaced with the internal clock.

So at output 5 we have the merged signal from both sequencers (sans original clock of course) with the internal clock signal (plus start/stop/cont) added to the stream.

Does it work this way? And are there any limitations to adding the internal realtime data to any output data?

Thanks again
As far as I can say, I believe everything you mentioned above is possible, however I will say that while MRCC can act as a master clock it is less than optimal to use it this way practically, as the the only way to adjust it is by navigating to the Clock menu and then navigating to the tempo tab-stop. You can do it, however it may be just a bit cumbersome, and having something with a dedicated interface may be beneficial.
If all you need it to be able to start and stop and send a steady clock though, you should be covered.
Jesse
Thanks, that does sound rather promising to me. We now just need a remote control (for the eth port?) for start/stop/cont and BPM. Something for the feature request subforum, I suppose.
Oh that's a great idea!
why not map the rotating wheel (BPM) and push (Start/Stop?) in a "transport menu"