Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transpose. One key to rule them all!
Lightbulb 
I know there is a MOD available that allows transpose. This is a good solution if you just want to set it permanently and forget it. Changing when playing live is not easy/possible.

And this is precisely the idea to improve the function. It would be great if we could use some dedicated midi keyboard to change the transpose in live. Changing the height of the transpose would occur automatically after pressing one key from the keyboard.
I do not know how easier it would be to implement it - whether as a MOD for each OUT (with the dedication of settings per CHANNEL) or maybe as GLOBAL (but then we lose the possibility of precise setting per IN / OUT (we do not want to transpose, for example, drum track).

This type of transpose works very well, e.g. in Beatstep Pro, where the external keyboard can be changed quickly transpose. Unfortunately, Keystep Pro can no do this and transpose on Beatstep Pro and Keystep Pro is practically not possible on two devices at the same time. MRCC would be a brilliant solution in this case.
This is a really cool idea. I am still struggling to see a good way to implement it, though since if it WAS global, it would make all the MOD level transpose be inaccurate, and if it was at MOD level wouldn't we need to be able to change all six slot values separately? Hmmm. I will think about this and maybe if you think of something that seems practical as a way to manage this, let me know and I can pitch it to Steve and Darryl.
Jesse
I am closer to the MOD option for each connection. After adding the transpose source option (e.g. nanokey connected to USB-A, on CH5) everything would follow the key, all (not filtered) outputs the same time. In the Transpose preset there should be an ON / OFF filter per channel (similar to that implemented elsewhere). If we define there is drum section on CH10, and some samples/effects on CH11 then we should filter it in transpose preset, so it could be used for more connections. If we could have 6 transpose presets, we could do more exceptions (or use for different transposes). And if we could change transpose settings using CC... Wink

It seems to me that in most cases such a configuration would meet the basic requirements. If in some reason it could be only global then, we could add additional filter (where we set CC filtering, Clock etc) we could add internal transpose and filter where transpose should be turned off. Then a global setting could be used too.

I have a lot of ideas, please let me know if you would have more, or more specified Smile