Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi master clock requests
Apologies for reposting this from another forum, I just remembered these forums exist...

So far, I've been using mine mostly as a master clock and start/stop. As a request/question for you, could you optimize the software for this use case a little more please? Changing start/stop to a toggle would be a nice upgrade, instead of switching back and forth using the white nav buttons. Or allow the main knob to move between the control functions and pushing it performs the action. Maybe both?

Thank you for this well-made product! I'm very happy to be a customer, even if I'm using 5% of what it can do.  Shy
Note that you can use MIDI CCs to remotely start and stop the MRCC clock (in a non-obvious way) or use a single button press to toggle it on the MRCC.
I just tested it out; a bit fiddly to set up, but it works. 
Note that what you are actually doing is priming the clock mechanism and then enabling/disabling it to achieve quick starts and stops.

So - take any MIDI device that can send MIDI CC 30 (decimal) and program it (a button or knob is fine) to send 0 or 127 (if button) or sweep from 0 to 127 (if knob).
Set it to send on a particular MIDI channel (MRCC defaults to listening on 16)
Attach that device to the MRCC on a port. 
Go into the MRCC Settings Menu (last dot on top), Page 1. 
Arrow down to the MRCC MIDI Cntrl screen and set the port and channel to match the device.

Now go back to the top white dots and go back 2 menus to the Extras menu.  The first sub-menu should be MRCC Clock.
The LEDs under MIDI In should be red (either all red or cycling, depending if Clock Enable is Y or N)
Select the destination device(s) that should get clock.  Their output LEDs should be red.
Arrow down to the 'Start' button and press the Black button and see the Start button flash briefly.
Arrow down to the 'Clock Enable" option and set it to Y.  You should hear the remote devices syncing to clock.
Set it back to N and they should stop.

Now you can go to your remote MIDI thingie and simply toggle it between 0 and 127 to get clock running.
Or, ignore the bits about the external device and just stay on the MRCC clock screen with the cursor under the Clock Enable Y/N and press the black button as desired.

It would be nice if the MRCC responded to the standard external MIDI Start/Stop/Cont and the Clock Enable prompt had 3 options (Y/N/Ext)
Thanks for that writeup! I hope they take my idea, but it not then I'll just keep using it as is.