Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Bug] Transpose MOD save
Hi all,

I've just discovered a minor bug where if you assign a Transpose Mod to a route and then save everything, the transpose amount (semitones) isn't saved.
The mod, the Transpose slot #, and the source channel are all saved, just not the amount.

Running firmware v1.1.030

Replicated by saving (tried both User 1 and User 2 presets), loading over it with the factory preset, and reloading the original
Replicated by doing a factory reset and repeating the above (only with User 1)

I also confirmed it isn't just transpose slot #1: added a second one with a different source channel, assigned to a different route, and it had the same behaviour. I haven't tested slots 3-6.

Thanks! Let me know if you need more info from me.
Thanks A440, I appreciate you letting us know. I'll reproduce this here and see if we can get Steve to take a look under the hood.
Jesse
Hi 440,
I tested this on my unit (running a more recent beta fw 1.1.032, but I don't think the fixes focused on anything relevant to this), and can't reproduce this. It may mean that there is some corruption in one or more of the save slots. I recommend giving a factory reset a shot and see if that makes it work properly for you. (I feel like I may have already discussed this process with you, but just to be thorough...) To do this you need to press and hold the green button above the screen during a power cycle until the screen confirms that your user data has been wiped. Just to be clear, doing this process, you will lose labels and routings.
Let me know if that sorts the issue.
Jesse
(08-23-2021, 09:21 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Hi 440,
I tested this on my unit (running a more recent beta fw 1.1.032, but I don't think the fixes focused on anything relevant to this), and can't reproduce this. It may mean that there is some corruption in one or more of the save slots. I recommend giving a factory reset a shot and see if that makes it work properly for you. (I feel like I may have already discussed this process with you, but just to be thorough...) To do this you need to press and hold the green button above the screen during a power cycle until the screen confirms that your user data has been wiped. Just to be clear, doing this process, you will lose labels and routings.
Let me know if that sorts the issue.
Jesse

Hey Jesse. Interesting that you couldn't reproduce this! Just by way of gentle reminder, I mentioned in my initial post that part of my testing included a factory reset. :-(

I just tried: doing a factory reset, re-flashing the firmware with the same version, creating the route and mod, setting the transpose channel and amount, saving it to user-1, loading factory, power-cycling the unit, reloading user-1, and noting that the transpose amount wasn't saved.

Not sure what else to do at this stage. I'm wondering if there's some bits of information about how I'm doing things missing. With my testing, I feel the simplest way for me to reproduce this is as following:

A-ha! As I started to write out exactly what I was doing, I realized I never told you the values I was using. Testing further, I found the bug - it's an off-by-one error when the transpose amount is +12. Every other value seems to save properly.

Whew! Thought I was going crazy there for a bit. From one coder to another, I feel the pain... :-)
Oh great, I will retest this with that value and get it into the bug tracker. Thanks for following up on this!
Jesse