Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preset save / load
Hi,

I wonder if my unit is defective or not.

When I press shift + black-button to save a preset, nothing happens. I used to see a message "Preset #3 saved" or something similar.

At first I thought that my shift button was not working, but I tested it with shift+encoder to speed up the scroll values when editing a modifier. 

Is there something I'm missing regarding save/load of presets?

EDIT: I almost can't load any preset. My shift button works fine with other features (it works fine to fast scroll for example). In fact, all the buttons work fine. But loading or saving preset is almost impossible. I must try 10-20x to get the message "Preset User 2 loaded /saved"). Is this a known issue? Is there a possibility to load/save presets with a MIDI message? sysex? PC msg?

Thanks for any help.
When saving presets I've noticed more pressure is often required on the shift button for the operation than for other button presses; can't say yet how consistent it is because so many other priorities (learning, wiring, setup, experimenting, etc.) have kept me from evaluating this enough to accurately report it yet.  Other buttons seem fine.  I have wondered why on the Edit Labels screen only enter is required for saving, but for Presets, both shift and enter must be pressed.
I think it's more a problem of timing between the press and release of both keys. I still haven't found a reliable way of loading or saving a preset. I just keep repeating the keypress until I see the confirmation message.

I think having to add add shift for saving and loading makes sense. This is the kind of command you don't want to trigger unintentionally.
(08-08-2021, 03:53 AM)fgeorgy Wrote: Hi,

When I press shift + black-button to save a preset, nothing happens. I used to see a message "Preset #3 saved" or something similar.

At first I thought that my shift button was not working, but I tested it with shift+encoder to speed up the scroll values when editing a modifier. 

EDIT: I almost can't load any preset. My shift button works fine with other features (it works fine to fast scroll for example). In fact, all the buttons work fine. But loading or saving preset is almost impossible. I must try 10-20x to get the message "Preset User 2 loaded /saved"). Is this a known issue? Is there a possibility to load/save presets with a MIDI message? sysex? PC msg?

Thanks for any help.
I was having the same problem. After trying different key presses I landed on:
Hold down the Shift first , then Double Click on the black Enter button. 
Works every time for me
know. Hope this helps
Cheers
Don
I've found recently that a quick tap on the black enter button, as opposed to a press, works consistently (of course while holding shift).
The issue is probably related to the key press logic. Shift needs to be last to be released. If you press shift then while pressing the black selection button release the shift, it registers as a regular black button press. It's a little unintuitive, but it's deeply ingrained and will most likely stay this way for the near future. Steve may choose to finesse it a little at some point, but it's going to take a ton of man hours, so not any time soon.
Jesse
(08-22-2021, 08:01 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: I've found recently that a quick tap on the black enter button, as opposed to a press, works consistently (of course while holding shift).

Thanks a lot for the tip. Seems to do the trick.

(08-22-2021, 09:42 AM)DonRomanchuk Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 03:53 AM)fgeorgy Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for any help.
I was having the same problem. After trying different key presses I landed on:
Hold down the Shift first , then Double Click on the black Enter button. 
Works every time for me
know. Hope this helps
Cheers
Don
Thanks Don. This trick works fine.
same problem here. works with double click as Don described.

@conductive: maybe it would be a good idea to collect all those tweaks in a list and put them prominently on the board for all to read!? (maybe it exists and i missed it?)
(06-07-2022, 07:21 AM)mumari Wrote: same problem here. works with double click as Don described.

@conductive: maybe it would be a good idea to collect all those tweaks in a list and put them prominently on the board for all to read!? (maybe it exists and i missed it?)

And/or put them in the manual too.
(06-07-2022, 07:21 AM)mumari Wrote: same problem here. works with double click as Don described.

FWIW, I added that to my MRCC Cheatsheet.