Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to known the active preset?
Hi,

How do I know which preset is active?
Chosen but not necessarily read
If I go into the TOOLS LOAD/SAVE screen, the displayed preset name is the last chosen in that screen. Chosen but not necessarily read. For example, if I load the USER 1 preset it will become the active preset. Now, if I scroll through the presets and stop on Factory for example, the preset User 1 will still be the active preset but FACTORY will remain displayed in the screen. This is very confusing.
(08-08-2021, 03:45 AM)fgeorgy Wrote: Hi,

If I go into the TOOLS LOAD/SAVE screen, the displayed preset name is the last chosen in that screen. Chosen but not necessarily read. For example, if I load the USER 1 preset it will become the active preset. Now, if I scroll through the presets and stop on Factory for example, the preset User 1 will still be the active preset but FACTORY will remain displayed in the screen. This is very confusing.

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do that at this point. The boot splash screen tells you which preset is being loaded, but that's all I know for sure. 
I will create a feature request to add this functionality to the load/save screen. 
Jesse
(08-08-2021, 01:07 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 03:45 AM)fgeorgy Wrote: Hi,

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do that at this point. The boot splash screen tells you which preset is being loaded, but that's all I know for sure. 
I will create a feature request to add this functionality to the load/save screen. 
Jesse
Now that I think about it, it seems like it may be a bad idea to add a label that says that you're currently working with a specific preset because as soon as you load it anything you do will be changing if from the saved version, and will therefore not be that preset anymore. I could see it being misleading at the very least. What do you think? 
Jesse
Thanks for your reply.

I think having the current preset number always visible could be very useful. If you change it simply display, for example, a dot or an asterisk alongside the preset number to tell the user the preset has been modified from its saved state.
(08-08-2021, 02:24 PM)fgeorgy Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I think having the current preset number always visible could be very useful. If you change it simply display, for example, a dot or an asterisk alongside the preset number to tell the user the preset has been modified from its saved state.

A color change from green to blue, white, purple or grey (other colors seen in menus) might do the trick also.
Yes, the color is a good idea. Green = unmodified, Blue = modified.
Oh that would solve the problem! I'll pass the request along. Thanks!
Active preset should be the main page, as with other MIDI Patchbays, so you always see what is going on, especially for live situations. MIDITemp MP series (I dont think they were sold in the states, but in Europe) always showed the selected preset, and these devices were used in big live setups like Jean-Michel Jarre (I saw the remote controllers in several of their videos), so this way has proven its liability since the 90s.
---
bye, 
       Dietmar
I agree with you.

Ideally, for me, the main page (default screen) would be the active preset written in big bold letters. Clearly readable from a distance. I don't care about the routing or the midi monitor at that moment.

When performing the most important info is the current preset. All the rest is secondary.

The other screens are very useful during the setup and for fine-tuning the presets, when you have plenty of time and you sit right in front of the MRCC.

Again, this is my opinion. Everybody has different needs and wishes. The MRCC is already a great device, but I'm sure it can become even more awesome.
on the MP series, the standard screen looks like this (note: these can do 4 parallel routings, as if you have 4 independent units):

BTW: this is a separate unit, called "remote", the main unit has no controls and is a 19" 1HE rackmount device.
---
bye, 
       Dietmar