Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB compatible (or not) devices list
(08-14-2021, 03:13 AM)Dark Waves Wrote: I've updated my two reports above to include the power cycle checks.

Thanks for checking!
Jesse
Alesis VX49 keyboard controller: not working over USB.  This device connected to a PC and was working both before and after installing a driver from the Alesis site, but I haven't been able to route it through the MRCC with any success.
Korg ARP Odyssey keyboard synth: working both as a source and a destination over USB, routing from a keyboard controller via DIN on one MRCC to a USB on a second, and from the USB on the second to a synth module via USB on the first.  Continued responding after MRCC power cycles, both individually (one at a time) and both together.  This is a nice surprise to use the Odyssey as a controller using USB, since there is only one DIN jack for input, not output, so I didn't have high hopes for the USB being bi-directional (not that I checked the manual or anything).
I don't understand the notes about the Squarp Pyramid. It is powered by USB, so what does it mean to say "User reports both the MRCC and Pyramid should be powered before connecting to USB host port"? It is connecting to the MRCC that is powering it, so it can't be powered BEFORE the connection.

I didn't figure out why mine was not working, then working, then not working with the MRCC. I also have had the MRCC crash on me several times - I think that you mean here that the connected device causes this when power cycled, right?

What I'm finding now is that the Pyramid does basically work. If I power cycle the pyramid from it's power button, after loading back the preset, the connections to and from it seem to always work. Power cycling the mrcc....hmmm. I don't get consistent behavior, or i suppose it's possible that it's user error, though I'm getting more and more familiar with the mrcc....Even after saving the mrcc preset, power cycling it usually seems to lose the usb connections to/from the pyramid, but then one time they were retained.
(08-16-2021, 06:23 PM)Nelson Baboon Wrote: I don't understand the notes about the Squarp Pyramid. It is powered by USB, so what does it mean to say "User reports both the MRCC and Pyramid should be powered before connecting to USB host port"? It is connecting to the MRCC that is powering it, so it can't be powered BEFORE the connection.

I didn't figure out why mine was not working, then working, then not working with the MRCC. I also have had the MRCC crash on me several times - I think that you mean here that the connected device causes this when power cycled, right?

What I'm finding now is that the Pyramid does basically work. If I power cycle the pyramid from it's power button, after loading back the preset, the connections to and from it seem to always work. Power cycling the mrcc....hmmm. I don't get consistent behavior, or i suppose it's possible that it's user error, though I'm getting more and more familiar with the mrcc....Even after saving the mrcc preset, power cycling it usually seems to lose the usb connections to/from the pyramid, but then one time they were retained.

I have a feeling those comments came via some feedback that I had provided in another thread about the Squarp Hermod. (https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1624)

The description about ensuring the unit is powered before making the physical connection to MRCC is basically ensuring that the Pyramid power switch is in the on position. 

After a series of tests I ran using various different boot sequences, I landed on this process which, for me at least, continues to work well - albeit it involves having to physically reseat a device every time I need to use that functionality. If I deviate from this process it means that although the Pyramid always seem to boot correctly, and MIDI A & B channels are both recognised and active - I cannot use the 16 additional USB MIDI channels from the Pyramid.

it sounds like you may be having some similar issues with your Pyramid.

In the other trail Jesse mentioned that Steve was planning to have a play with a Pyramid at some point to see if this behaviour could be understood and possibly resolved.

Hopefully this helps in some way.
I'm able to use a Midibox SEQ4 with the MRCC usb. The Midibox usb is fully class compliant and supports multiple virtual usb ports (4x4), both incoming and outgoing. The 4 incoming virtual ports work which is hugely beneficial. It could also make use of 4 outgoing usb ports if CL adds that feature in the future. You could route all 4 midi outputs from the NDLR directly into the SEQ4 for recording. 

As an aside, I accidentally routed the usb incoming to outgoing on the Midibox and the MRCC promptly crashed (the display locked up).
That's great info! The MIDI loop you described locking up the screen, it may be possible to pull the usb plug to break the loop without having it crash totally, but we're talking about adding a loop detection mode that will just break the routing temporarily when that happens so we don't have that crash behavior. It may still be a while before it happens though. I'm not sure what's in the cards as far as expanding the out ports, but it would be pretty sweet. It's definitely already in the requests list so we're looking at it.

Jesse
Owow wob (USB) - compatible
I can confirm the Sequential Prophet X is compatible with the MRCC and is class compliant.

Could not get any of my USB midi-friendly Elektron devices (Digitone, Analog Rytm mkII, Analog Four mkII) working, despite being class compliant. Sending midi directly to these devices from my computer works fine, while routing through the MRCC does not (and same for signals generated via din from my Octatrack).
Tested a number of new devices this evening for compatibility: 

[b]Intellijel uMidi 1u:[/b] Compatible, class-compliant
Moog Sub 37: Compatible, class-compliant
Winter Modular Eloquencer + EME: Not compatible, class-compliant
[b]Neural DSP Quad Cortex:[/b] Not compatible, class-compliant
TC-Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme: Not compatible, class-compliant (Mac only)
Lexicon MX400 XL: Not compatible, not class-compliant