Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
software editor?
oh, how i'd love to be able to edit and view everything on a big screen. I think that the screen on the mrcc is pretty good - it's bright, and i can read it, but i have to hunch over and squint a bit, and since most people will be connected through the computer anyway?

I suppose that all you 'young uns' will care less about this, but i think that it would be a HUGE help here.
I agree.  Not a priority for me, but could make some operations more efficient, and perhaps handle saving / loading / backups as well.  I'm finding that the encoder knob skips around a bit when slowly scrolling through a list, so moving some of that activity to a computer would help.
I also vote for an editor.

I may even volunteer to create one if I find the time. I have some experience. You can check the editors I wrote at http://studiocode.dev

My motivation for an editor:
- MRCC screen is way too small and difficult to read (for me at least)
- I am color blind and I have great difficulty distinguishing the different colors of the LEDs.
- Having the possibility to view ALL the config at once.
(08-02-2021, 12:34 PM)Nelson Baboon Wrote: oh, how i'd love to be able to edit and view everything on a big screen. I think that the screen on the mrcc is pretty good - it's bright, and i can read it, but i have to hunch over and squint a bit, and since most people will be connected through the computer anyway?

I suppose that all you 'young uns' will care less about this, but i think that it would be a HUGE help here.

+1 To this! It's always helpful to have a big-screen interface for editing highly configurable devices. Retrokits have a fairly simple but highly usable cross-platform editor for the RK-006 which might be a good reference point. Granted, that device has almost no physical interface or display, but being able to see the 10k-foot view of the device state provides a nice, clear picture of what it is doing.
Does the MRCC support sysex for configuration?

I'd love to implement, at first, a simple editor to create and edit routings.

I badly need this because, being color blind, it is very very difficult for me to creating routings at the moment because I can't make the difference between the LED colors. I need an alternative to configure the routing.

Please, help!
No, I don't believe it takes sysex communication for configuration. I will ask Steve when I talk to him next and see what it does take, and let you know.
Jesse
(08-23-2021, 09:24 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: No, I don't believe it takes sysex communication for configuration. I will ask Steve when I talk to him next and see what it does take, and let you know.
Jesse

Thanks a lot Jesse.
I also vote for an editor (please)
I'd also vote for an editor, if it is either a) backwards compatible to Win7 or b) there is a linux version. Maybe as an appimage.
Would love to know if this is on the cards? It would certainly increase the value prop for the MRCC