Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External controller CC lag
Hi

Because the NDLR doesn't send control midi and I want my performance to be recorded to be edited after the fact (but not the generated notes, the actual commands), I try to command the NDLR over midi. After a LOT of headscratching I finally came to the conclusion that the CC commands have a VERY serious erratic lag. This is especially noticeable when changing degrees and alterations with CC's. With notes all is fine. Is there a setting I have missed or is this a known issue?

Thanks!
Dirk

(external controllers used: mainly Pyramid, Launchpad Mini MK3, but they're not part of the problem, believe me)
Hey Dirk, this is something I've been looking at recently quite a bit trying to figure out if there is a solution. What I see is that CC control for Key and Scale changes cause erratic timing on Pad Part notes. I haven't seen much to suggest the other parts are affected. We're going to be meeting today and discussing this, so I should have a better idea of our plans a little later, and will be in touch.
In the mean time what works best for me is to select a Pad Part instrument with a bit of attack. The timing immediately becomes less noticeable.
Jesse
Ok, great! Thanks and kudos to the team
I'm currently testing a fw candidate that seems to have solved the issues experienced when modulating key/scale/chord from CC. So far I've been successful slamming it with about ten CCs all at once at 167 BPM and haven't seen any issues yet. More testing tomorrow!
Jesse
(09-10-2021, 10:22 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I'm currently testing a fw candidate that seems to have solved the issues experienced when modulating key/scale/chord from CC. So far I've been successful slamming it with about ten CCs all at once at 167 BPM and haven't seen any issues yet. More testing tomorrow!
Jesse

Oh, great! Looking forward to it!