Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC empowering my workflow!
Wink 
I just wanted to post a message of thank you. The MRCC is an amazing new multipurpose tool for enabling easily the combining of legacy MIDI and modern USB instruments, sequencers and the likes. You definitely have hit the nail on the head. I am seriously considering purchasing a second one already .....

I finished re-wiring one side of my studio and now am able to dynamically "on the fly" connect all the instruments together without changing a single cable. Switch the MRCC, plus instruments I want to use, on and within seconds I can start playing/composing/fiddling.

Being able to wire both output ports on the Schrittmacher to two input ports of the MRCC is extremely useful. Output port A on the Schrittmacher always sends MIDI clock, even when the sequencer is slaved, but output B doesn't. The MRCC allows me to leave both ports permanently connected (no worries anymore about repeatedly switching the MIDI cables at the back of the Schrittmacher). When I use the Schrittmacher as master clock I can route output A, if it is slaved I use output B, brilliant!

My other sequencer, the Hermod, works very well using one of the MRCC USB connections. The Hermod needs to be configured for routing to "USB Device". Using the Hermod as master clock, clocking is stable on all 10 synths I currently have connected to the MRCC MIDI outs.

Being able, at the same time, to use the Kordbot as creative composing tool, connected via USB to the MRCC and routed where ever I want it, gives me the option to really quickly figure out new chord progressions. If I like the new chord structure, I can record the MIDI data directly into the Hermod. This was my original intention more than 2 years ago, but it was way too much hassle re-wiring every time I wanted to use the Kordbot. Now a simple routing change allows me to send the Kordbot MIDI to any (poly-)synth I have switched on. Directly or via the Hermod. Wow!

I do have the port extender still in it's box. Hopefully I'll be able to set some more time aside soon, to also connect the other side of my studio directly to the extender.

This has become a bit of a longer story than I intended, but my enthusiasm didn't allow me to stop  Wink
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.
This is lovely to read. I'm so glad it's been such a big hit in your setup! Thanks so much for the kind words, I'll pass this along to Steve and Darryl.
Jesse