Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting two mrcc
Hi, 
In the manual it says when you connect two mrcc in remote mode you gain 5 pin 12 outputs.  Do you not gain the 5 pin inputs  of the second mrcc also? Has any one tried this? Thanks.
I have 2 connected at the moment (helping test things). You can route any input to any output.  So each MRCC becomes a 5x24 (plus USB) matrix. From a single MRCC view,  you've just gained 12 additional outputs. I think that's why they advertise it the way they did in the manual.

Overall your new system has 10x24 (plus USB and a PC port).  So far "It just works" and has been very useful in my setup
Yep, the main restriction is you have to route a connection from the unit that is the signal source, so you can't for instance configure unit 2 to send to a unit 1 output from the unit 1 front panel, you would have to do so with the unit 2 controls. Otherwise signals can be sent all over the place.
Jesse
(07-25-2021, 08:04 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Yep, the main restriction is you have to route a connection from the unit that is the signal source, so you can't for instance configure unit 2 to send to a unit 1 output from the unit 1 front panel, you would have to do so with the unit 2 controls. Otherwise signals can be sent all over the place.
Jesse

The fact the routing can be done at all between two devices is excellent. Having to patch from the originating device isn't even a significant inconvenience. I'm really thinking about getting a second one; it would certainly help with cable management (one ethernet going across the floor as opposed to a bunch of MIDI and USB cables).