Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Dimming
Hello!

I had a chance to do some initial playing on the MRCC this week.  It is fantastic!  Super high quality all around.  The look, feel, funtionality, UI...  everything I have come to expect from you guys!

I love the options for screen and LED settings.  However, I have a small, but important bit of feedback from someone who has a medical condition that is highly affected by intense lighting.  The LEDs have brightness settings from 1-10 which is great!  However, even at 1, they are still way too bright.  I think the front, large lightpipes intesify there brightness as the smaller light pipes towards the rear (USB ports) are much less intense.  

I would suggest if possible to offer a lower setting where the brightest LEDS (selected ports) are the same brightness as in setting 1 as ports that are active in routing but not the selected ports (the dimmed ones - I hope that makes sense).  I would then make the non-select ports (dimmed ones) be 1/3 less bright or something so that they still show dimmer than the selected port.  Or maybe it is possible to add more levels - say another 10 and put make the current level 1 as the middle brightness and then the rest dimmer going down from there.

Right now, I have to cover them with masking tape for me to be able to use the device, which takes so much away from the beauty.  Sad 

I hope this is acheivable with firmware.

And seriously - I know I said this already - this instrument is just beautiful and way exceeded my expectations!

Michael...
First off, I'm glad to hear that you're getting along with the MRCC so well! In regards to the LED brightness, it's definitely something that came up in the beta testing, and I was told that if the LEDs were made any dimmer, the color accuracy becomes less than optimal. That said, I've added this issue as a feature request, hopefully we can find a solution that works for everyone.
Cheers,
Jesse
(06-24-2021, 07:10 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: First off, I'm glad to hear that  you're getting along with the MRCC so well! In regards to the LED brightness, it's definitely something that came up in the beta testing, and I was told that if the LEDs were made any dimmer, the color accuracy becomes less than optimal. That said,  I've added this issue as a feature request, hopefully we can find a solution that works for everyone.
Cheers,
Jesse

Thanks, Jesse!

For now I have tape over them so that I can use the device.  I know it is not always an easy fix with component constraints sometimes.

On to more MRCC fun!

Is it weird that I like to leave it on after a session during my unwinding time and just look at it??   Wink

Michael...