Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering SysEx
Hi Conductive Labs,

I was assuming that the MRCC would allow me filtering SysEx, because it is mentioned on page 49 ("MIDI Message Filtering Details").
But this seems not to be the case at all, nether on Port nor on Route level.

Is there a future option like this in the works? It would really help to clear out these on certain connections, especially when it gets crowded and clock (timing) is involved.

Best, Joris
There hasn't been a sysex filter planned that I know of, but I can add a feature request for it.
Jesse

If you're using DIN connections out, you might try routing the parts you want to filter sysex out of through one of the ports numbered higher than 7. If I remember correctly these ports utilize a different output protocol and at the moment I believe they don't pass sysex messages. They will at some future date, however so this is only a temporary solution to that issue.
Jesse
(06-19-2021, 07:07 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: There hasn't been a sysex filter planned that I know of, but I can add a feature request for it.
Jesse

If you're using DIN connections out, you might try routing the parts you want to filter sysex out of through one of the ports numbered higher than 7. If I remember correctly these ports utilize a different output protocol and at the moment I believe they don't pass sysex messages. They will at some future date, however so this is only a temporary solution to that issue.
Jesse

Thanks Jesse, but I for one will keep away from solutions based on to-be-fixed omissions (sounds horrible to me)