Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockable Pattern Lengths
So I'm loving the NDLR I got in the mail a few weeks ago, so far I can't find any way to lock the length of any pattern. When I don't use all the steps available I end up with a lot of space on the overview. When switching from one pattern of a greater length to another I end up with a bunch of blank spaces and no easy way to lock the number of steps. Is this just a feature I'm not seeing or is it something that could be implemented?
(05-12-2021, 02:34 AM)Xenode Wrote: So I'm loving the NDLR I got in the mail a few weeks ago, so far I can't find any way to lock the length of any pattern. When I don't use all the steps available I end up with a lot of space on the overview. When switching from one pattern of a greater length to another I end up with a bunch of blank spaces and no easy way to lock the number of steps. Is this just a feature I'm not seeing or is it something that could be implemented?
I'm glad to help, but I'm not sure I follow, could you try to talk me through an example? 
Jesse
(05-12-2021, 04:38 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 02:34 AM)Xenode Wrote: So I'm loving the NDLR I got in the mail a few weeks ago, so far I can't find any way to lock the length of any pattern. When I don't use all the steps available I end up with a lot of space on the overview. When switching from one pattern of a greater length to another I end up with a bunch of blank spaces and no easy way to lock the number of steps. Is this just a feature I'm not seeing or is it something that could be implemented?
I'm glad to help, but I'm not sure I follow, could you try to talk me through an example? 
Jesse

Hi Jesse, so basically pattern lengths are free and open at the moment, meaning each pattern has 16 slots to put notes in, say I only wanted to go between 4-5 notes so I make the length 5. But if I scroll through and extend the current global pattern length to a different pattern with 10 notes and then come back to my 5 note pattern, I now have 5 blank spaces. Is it possible to make the pattern length modifier be saved with the pattern? I'd be happy to have a further chat if this isn't a very good explaination.
Karl

As an extension to this, it would be great if other parameters could be saved on a per pattern basis. Like play-head mode and note division.