Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB-B & USB-C
Hi there,

The MRCC has a top USB-B (PC) connector, and a side USB-C connector, does that mean I can have 2 PC's connected simultaneous? 
I'd love to have the MRCC permanently connected to my MacBook (USB-C) and and to a Raspberry PI (USB-B).

Possible?
(I have that setup now with an iConnectMIDI4+)

Best, Joris
(04-02-2021, 12:07 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: Hi there,

The MRCC has a top USB-B (PC) connector, and a side USB-C connector, does that mean I can have 2 PC's connected simultaneous? 
I'd love to have the MRCC permanently connected to my MacBook (USB-C) and and to a Raspberry PI (USB-B).

Possible?
(I have that setup now with an iConnectMIDI4+)

Best, Joris

No the USB-C connector is strictly providing power to the device. You could still connect both but you may need to turn the Pi into a class compliant midi device in software to do it (using the USB-A host ports). Not sure how much additional work would be needed to do that.
Jesse
(04-02-2021, 09:48 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: No the USB-C connector is strictly providing power to the device. You could still connect both but you may need to turn the Pi into a class compliant midi device in software to do it (using the USB-A host ports). Not sure how much additional work would be needed to do that.
Jesse

Aw, that is too bad. 

Is USB-C as MIDI carrier also 'impossible' as a future software update? Or does the HW design not allow it? 

Seems like a 'waste' to have a USB-C port for mere power only.

About the PI as class compliant midi device I'm not so sure, have no experience with that. Is that easy/doable?