Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save port filter configuration with presets
I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but my port filters reset every time I power cycle, which was messing me up a bit. 

It took me a while to realize that the port filter configuration wasn't saving with the preset (I assumed and therefore we're all now asses). Additionally, the program change messages that I'm filtering out from Midi channel 1 are not filtered from controlling the MRCC, even when the port filter is on for the channel (I later realized I had to turn MRCC MIDI Cntrl to another channel to stop this from happening). This created a cascading problem for me that was difficult to solve.

Since the MRCC was responding to program change messages that I thought were being filtered, I would find myself on a different preset later and not know how I got there. The presets are also loading with program change messages (which makes sense) but that means the presets have been changed before I can troubleshoot (I know now that the MRCC preset is changing with my EMX-1 preset, even when the port is filtering program change messages to the midi outs). 

So, a few suggestions that could be implemented alone or together.

1. Create an "OFF" for MRCC MIDI Cntrl port and make that the default or make the default a port other than 1
  2. Allow port filter configuration to be saved with presets either as a default or via an option
  3. Allow the MRCC to remember the last port filter configuration and start up with that configuration rather than a clean slate 
Ideally, port configuration could be saved with presets because when I build a set up using the preset, the filtering is an integral part of that functioning properly.
(04-01-2021, 08:34 PM)andrewcecka Wrote: I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but my port filters reset every time I power cycle, which was messing me up a bit. 

It took me a while to realize that the port filter configuration wasn't saving with the preset (I assumed and therefore we're all now asses). Additionally, the program change messages that I'm filtering out from Midi channel 1 are not filtered from controlling the MRCC, even when the port filter is on for the channel (I later realized I had to turn MRCC MIDI Cntrl to another channel to stop this from happening). This created a cascading problem for me that was difficult to solve.

Since the MRCC was responding to program change messages that I thought were being filtered, I would find myself on a different preset later and not know how I got there. The presets are also loading with program change messages (which makes sense) but that means the presets have been changed before I can troubleshoot (I know now that the MRCC preset is changing with my EMX-1 preset, even when the port is filtering program change messages to the midi outs). 

So, a few suggestions that could be implemented alone or together.

1. Create an "OFF" for MRCC MIDI Cntrl port and make that the default or make the default a port other than 1
  2. Allow port filter configuration to be saved with presets either as a default or via an option
  3. Allow the MRCC to remember the last port filter configuration and start up with that configuration rather than a clean slate 
Ideally, port configuration could be saved with presets because when I build a set up using the preset, the filtering is an integral part of that functioning properly.
This is great feedback.

1. having an "off" setting for MRCC CTRL channel sounds pretty useful.
2. I can see that being important, I will see if it is possible to implement this.
3. I don't know what the current expected behavior is on this so I have no idea if this is supposed to happen and is a  bug, or what, so I will ask the guru and let you know.

Jesse