Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord Sequencer & using "alt" chord types?
Hi, I am using the Chord Sequencer and it's working well. The only thing I can't figure out is how to use the alt1 and alt2 chord type within a chord sequence. The options to choose them do not seem to be available. How can I use the alt1 and alt2 chord types within a chord sequence?
If I understand things correctly the Alt 1 and Alt2 settings don't describe a chord shape but rather assign different chord shapes to specific degrees that play nicely together in most situations as a sort of "easy mode". If there isn't a Chord Sequencer option for those, then that sort of makes sense since they are different chord shapes depending on the degree.

From the manual pg. 14 :
alt1 & alt2 have fixed Chord Types as follows:
alt1: I=triad, II=7th, III=triad, IV=triad, V=7th, VI=7th, and VII=6th
alt1: I=7th, II=7th, III=triad, IV=7th, V=7th, VI=6th, and VII=7th

I hope that makes sense. If you wanted to, you could just use those chord types for those degrees and it will do the same thing in effect.

Jesse
That makes sense, I didn't think of it as an "easy" mode. However it seems like "alt" chord shapes offer notes that that the "regular" chord shapes do not.

For example, I have set up a song in B Min Pent, using the default NDLR settings (no modulation, etc.). I play a regular, default III D Triad. Sounds good. Then using the shift button I switch over to "alt1" and I play a III D alt1 triad. It should be the same, correct? But it's not. The alt1 version is playing slightly different notes, maybe an inverted scale or something? This is the chord I want to use in a sequence but I'm not sure how to obtain it within the chord sequencer.