Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changing MRCC presets through incoming program change messages
Hello all, just discovered the MRCC and it looks like it will be a very useful addition to my current setup. Looking through the draft manual I see that there are presets that are saved to the SD card, but I didn't see any info on whether it's possible to switch presets via incoming MIDI.

A basic use-case I'm imagining is a sequence coming in on one port, routed to a couple of synths via two output ports, then being able to change the input to output mapping (i.e. to two other synths) rhythmically using something like a program change message...
Selecting Presents via CC or Program Change is on the to-do list.
(03-22-2021, 04:11 PM)Darryl Wrote: Selecting Presents via CC or Program Change is on the to-do list.

Good to hear, thanks for letting me know!
Will it be possible to convert an incoming note or CC from one device to a program change on another?
(03-28-2021, 12:45 PM)WinterEdge Wrote: Will it be possible to convert an incoming note or CC from one device to a program change on another?

That is not one of the scenarios that have been discussed with me at this point, so I would guess no, however I don't see anything that wouldn't be doable about it. Just a matter of conveying the benefits of implementing it to Steve and convincing him to agree with you.

I'll add this to the feature requests.

Jesse