Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per channel MIDI output filtering
I know that there is the modifier section for filtering data (with an option to have up to 4 different input/outputs for routing), but either I don't see what I'm specifically looking for or it doesn't yet exist.

Right now there is the PORT FLTR page, but it's really just ALL MIDI data for that port. For instance, if I select no midi notes to go to Channel 4 output, I simply go to that page and deactivate ALL MIDI notes. [url=https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1403][/url]

However, if I want to exclude most MIDI data except notes from channel 16 going in, that is more difficult.

In the MOTU MIDI Timepiece, this is implemented as a per output setting. So, say output 4 (where a MIDI cable is sent to a synthesizer), I ONLY want MIDI data on Channel 16 to bypass into it, I can do this fairly easily on the device (albeit the user interface is not great).

It would be nice to have what looks like PORT FLTR page, but PER MIDI CHANNEL. That way I can go, ok, output 4, I only want MIDI channel 16 notes getting in there... I could deactivate all other MIDI information from coming in.

One thing that would help (and is also implemented in the MOTU MIDI Timepiece) is to select all channels.

So in the MRCC, perhaps instead of a filter page like this:

MIDI OUTPUT CH: 4
                          clock.   note.    PC.    CC.    etc...
Channel 1:
Channel 2:
etc...
Channel 16:  

It would look like this:

MIDI OUTPUT CH: 4
All Channels:
Channel 1:
Channel 2:
etc...
Channel 16:  

And when you select note under 'All Channels' everything beneath it would highlight:

MIDI OUTPUT CH: 4
All Channels:                     X
Channel 1:                        X

Channel 2:                        X
etc...                                X
Channel 16:                      X

Then I could go to Channel 16 and activate the Note section for Channel 16.

MIDI OUTPUT CH: 4

All Channels:                     X
Channel 1:                        X

Channel 2:                        X
etc...                                X
Channel 16:                      O

This seems the most intuitive way for me to manage filtering MIDI data, personally.