Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MODS CHAN MAP
I believe this page is one way that you could filter out MIDI messages.

I have a Roland JX3P that listens to OMNI mode - EVERYTHING. Right now, I do not see a way in the MRCC to exclude all MIDI messages incoming to, say OUT port 6 except for note data to MIDI channel 16.

In the MODS CHAN MAP, I can kinda do this by using the modifiers and having Exclusive: Y

Exclusive: Y
1 Ch in: 16  Out 16
2 Ch in: 13  Out 13
3 Ch in: 14  Out 14
4 Ch in: 15  Out 15

Beyond that, I am forced to have 2 - 4 activated.

But lets say that I have other instruments set up on channels 1-15? This would mean that I would be, at some point along the way, sending excess data to the JX3P because there is no way to deactivate the other modifiers here.

Could you add for all the modifiers on this page a "none" setting?

Exclusive: Y
1 Ch in: 16  Out 16
2 Ch in: N/A Out N/A
3 Ch in: N/A  Out N/A
4 Ch in: N/A  Out N/A

Or could you confirm that there is a better way to exclude all midi data from any channel other than one specific channel?
I have this exact same issue, and was about to write a word for word duplicate request that acemonvw wrote. Now I don't have to! But, the only difference I'd request is to use the number '0' instead of the text string 'N/A' as suggested above.

Otherwise, yes this is very important for those of us with gear that listens in omni mode. Right now the only solution to filer 15 channels of data out of a stream of 16 is to use two CHAN MAP MODS in series.

HdK
(03-15-2021, 09:44 AM)House de Kris Wrote: I have this exact same issue, and was about to write a word for word duplicate request that acemonvw wrote. Now I don't have to! But, the only difference I'd request is to use the number '0' instead of the text string 'N/A' as suggested above.

Otherwise, yes this is very important for those of us with gear that listens in omni mode. Right now the only solution to filer 15 channels of data out of a stream of 16 is to use two CHAN MAP MODS in series.

HdK
I think this will be possible once Steve finishes the upcoming set of MODs. He is adding a set of 16 parameter free MODs that are titled something like 1=>1, 2=>1...16=>1 that will reroute a given channel on a connection to Channel 1 of the selected port. The idea that you could copy the source to several outs and then pick which channel will go to the synth. If you needed to have a non-channel one routing you would need to then map the output afterward, (all mods are evaluated one after the next).
Jesse