Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PORT FLTR navigation
Hello all - I just received my MRCC tonight and wow - very cool. I have been using a MOTU Timepiece and that has worked just fine - but this is pretty next level for obvious reasons.

Anyway - my first suggestion would be for navigation in the PORT FLTR page.

Right now the way it works is that you have to access the scroll bar to go between the channels. 

Up and down arrows move you from item to item on the top line and the encoder activates or deactivates that setting.

If I want to move between channels 1 through 5, I would have to go to the channel, select the filtered item, activate or deactivate, then scroll back to the scroll bar, then go to the next line.

I think it should work more easily if you hold [shift] and up or down to navigate to the different channels. This will save a lot of headaches.
(03-08-2021, 07:03 PM)acemonvw Wrote: Hello all - I just received my MRCC tonight and wow - very cool. I have been using a MOTU Timepiece and that has worked just fine - but this is pretty next level for obvious reasons.

Right now the way it works is that you have to access the scroll bar to go between the channels. 

Up and down arrows move you from item to item on the top line and the encoder activates or deactivates that setting.

If I want to move between channels 1 through 5, I would have to go to the channel, select the filtered item, activate or deactivate, then scroll back to the scroll bar, then go to the next line.

I think it should work more easily if you hold [shift] and up or down to navigate to the different channels. This will save a lot of headaches.
Great Idea! I'll see if Steve thinks that would work and let you know.
Jesse
(03-08-2021, 08:08 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:03 PM)acemonvw Wrote: Hello all - I just received my MRCC tonight and wow - very cool. I have been using a MOTU Timepiece and that has worked just fine - but this is pretty next level for obvious reasons.

Great Idea! I'll see if Steve thinks that would work and let you know.
Jesse
Great, thanks!

Alternatively, the encoder could be used for navigation, with [shift] making you go up and down, and non-shift making you go left to right. Then up and down could activate/deactivate the setting, but I don't think it matters - whatever makes the most sense for the UI.