Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Power on/off?
Hi,  I did some searching but didn't find anything on this subject.  Is there any sort of hidden key combination that will turn the NDLR off/on?  I know it doesn't take much power but it seems that it might be good to turn it off when not in use.  I'm sure there must be some sort of life expectancy on the oled.  I know, unplugging it does the same thing but that adds stress to the port as well.  I keep everything plugged in all the time.  Seems it would be easy to do something in a firmware revision where some sort of key combination could do a poweroff.

Is anybody else thinking about this??
I personally use an USB-Hub where each USB Port has a separate on/off switch.
So, whenever i want to use it i just punch that tiny button on my HUB.
When I’m done - push that button again and the device is off. No hassle and very convenient for Synths too Smile

Edit:
Something like the attached image

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, there's not any key combo, it just stays on when plugged in. Mr.B is on the right track though, that seems like the best bet if you do feel the need to power it down when not in use.
Jesse
Thanks.  I've tried one USB switched hub and it didn't seem to work.  I use higher-end USB 3 hubs on the studio system but I guess I'll have to try another switched hub.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know the OLEDs do with being powered on forever?