Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord Octave Quick Question
I'm not going to argue with you. I was just sharing how octaves work. When I look at the circle of degrees on the NDLR, I would expect the pitch to rise as I go up in degree. I wouldn't want it to suddenly skip down nearly an octave right in the middle of the circle. Whatever key (and mode) is choosen, A Minor in your example, I would expect to be the lowest note found at the first degree. If it were different than that, I'd be like you and be complaining about how it works.

True, making it more flexible by making every little iota programmable would overcome your perceived limitations. But, keep in mind, greater flexibility makes for greater difficulty in use. One of the beauties I see in the NDLR is the great amount of control afforded the user with very little effort.

One last thought, if you are looking to a machine to provide emotion in your music, some people may raise an eyebrow to this thought. Emotion in music typically comes from the human, and the machine is merely a conduit to express that emotion. I'm guessing the majority of people would want the machine to be emotionally neutral. If you find your music boring, don't blame the tools.

Putting on my helpful hat, A Minor and C Major use the same notes. Instead of using A minor, use C Major. That way the A chord is an octave higher. This may provide the mood you seek.

Messages In This Thread
Chord Octave Quick Question - by Cyberluke - 01-25-2021, 02:14 PM
RE: Chord Octave Quick Question - by Cyberluke - 01-26-2021, 02:42 PM
RE: Chord Octave Quick Question - by House de Kris - 01-27-2021, 05:49 AM
RE: Chord Octave Quick Question - by Cyberluke - 01-27-2021, 07:59 AM
RE: Chord Octave Quick Question - by Steve - 01-29-2021, 07:31 AM