Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chord sequencer "enter" button
Hi. I am looking at the chord sequencer and although I can set the chord for each step I cannot find the "enter" button to illuminate and set the step. I hope someone understands this! Only the current step I am editing is lit yellow but when I look at other people's examples the active steps are outlined in colour.
Please help!
Thanks
(01-17-2021, 05:13 AM)jagojames Wrote: Hi. I am looking at the chord sequencer and although I can set the chord for each step I cannot find the "enter" button to illuminate and set the step. I hope someone understands this! Only the current step I am editing is lit yellow but when I look at other people's examples the active steps are outlined in colour.
Please help!
Thanks

So it is only supposed to outline in red to show position of the "playhead" essentially, so it shouldn't light up without being armed, as well as having at least one part playing, also it should need to have values present in at least one section (A,B,or C), in addition to values present in the song so that at least one section is chosen to play.

Here's what I did to test:
Using FW 1.1.071
1. power on unit.
2. [SHIFT+Menu] -> Encoder 1 button to get to Chord Seq.
3. edit SECTION A box 1 to have a NOTES value != 0.0 (ie 4.0)
4. edit SECTION A box 1 to have a chord degree of any value
5. follow steps 3 and 4 for SECTION A box 2, and SECTION B box 1 & 2
6. edit SONG box 1 to play SECTION A, and set the repeats to an arbitrary value.
7. edit SONG box 2 to play SECTION B, and set repeats.

At this point the CHORD SEQ is still disabled and no parts are playing so there is no red box.

If I press PLAY ALL I still get no box, and the CHORD SEQ doesn't engage.

If I then PAUSE ALL and ARM the CHORD SEQ (by turning encoder 7 CW), then press PLAY ALL, the red box outlines the currently selected SONG stage as well as the Currently playing SECTION.

The test above worked for me, if you follow these steps and get a different result let me know, and if do something different and get unexpected results let me know the steps to take to recreate it on mine.
Good Luck!
Jesse
Thank you, brilliant! Problem solved by step 3!