Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chord sequencer
Hello,
a question concerning the chord sequencer. When I programm a chord sequence I hear very short stops before the sequencer changes to the next chord. This means that all 4 tracks have a very short stop, sounds like the last view milliseconds are chopped off just before the next chord is introduced. It also seems that the chords would change just a bit before the next downbeat, but not exactly on the downbeat. Tried it on a DAW as well on hardware synths...  Any ideas? THX
(12-07-2020, 12:53 PM)AxxxL Wrote: Hello,
a question concerning the chord sequencer. When I programm a chord sequence I hear very short stops before the sequencer changes to the next chord. This means that all 4 tracks have a very short stop, sounds like the last view milliseconds are chopped off just before the next chord is introduced. It also seems that the chords would change just a bit before the next downbeat, but not exactly on the downbeat. Tried it on a DAW as well on hardware synths...  Any ideas? THX

Does changing the Release time of the synths effect this at all? 
Jesse
(12-07-2020, 10:16 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Jesse

Hi Jesse,
thanks for your reply and your tip. It did the trick for the arpeggios keeping the release under 5ms. Still the pad will have a stop right before the next chord (tried Ableton and Novation Circuit). I uploaded a video showing it. The NDLR is connected to the Novation Circuit via midi din. Thanks for having a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm6os41k3vo1yn...0.mp4?dl=0
(12-09-2020, 08:21 AM)AxxxL Wrote:

Jesse

Hi Jesse,
thanks for your reply and your tip. It did the trick for the arpeggios keeping the release under 5ms. Still the pad will have a stop right before the next chord (tried Ableton and Novation Circuit). I uploaded a video showing it. The NDLR is connected to the Novation Circuit via midi din. Thanks for having a look.
How unusual, I see what you mean. I have no idea what is going on here but I will have a go at reproducing this and see if I can make it happen over here. Stay tuned.
Jesse
(12-10-2020, 10:54 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 08:21 AM)AxxxL Wrote:

Jesse

Hi Jesse,
How unusual, I see what you mean. I have no idea what is going on here but I will have a go at reproducing this and see if I can make it happen over here. Stay tuned.
Jesse

Thank you for checking! The interesting thing is that this does not happen when I play the chords manually, meaning tapping the chord-step buttons, then everything plays smoothly.
here is a comparison: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvsadv572ngig1...0.mp4?dl=0