Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
if you fix one thing, please fix this small thing...
When i press play all/stop all, it does not reset the sequencer. This wouldnt be *too* bad except i'm syncing with a drum machine, and it restarts the drum pattern when play is pressed.
That means pressing the play all button will always get ndlr out of sync with the drums. 

So rather than a single button press to stop/start, I have to press stop all, then press shift-menu, turn knob to disarm sequencer, turn knob again to arm sequencer, then press play again. Its easy to forget to do this when in the middle of something, and i feel like my music ends up being out of sync more often than being in sync.  

If you could add a global option to have stop/play reset the sequencer this would make the workflow much smoother! (I'm actually not 100% sure if there's a use case where you'd ever *not* want stop all to reset the sequencer, but maybe there is?)

Thanks for listening!
(12-02-2020, 10:56 AM)KingKrog Wrote: When i press play all/stop all, it does not reset the sequencer. This wouldnt be *too* bad except i'm syncing with a drum machine, and it restarts the drum pattern when play is pressed.
That means pressing the play all button will always get ndlr out of sync with the drums. 

So rather than a single button press to stop/start, I have to press stop all, then press shift-menu, turn knob to disarm sequencer, turn knob again to arm sequencer, then press play again. Its easy to forget to do this when in the middle of something, and i feel like my music ends up being out of sync more often than being in sync.  

If you could add a global option to have stop/play reset the sequencer this would make the workflow much smoother! (I'm actually not 100% sure if there's a use case where you'd ever *not* want stop all to reset the sequencer, but maybe there is?)

Thanks for listening!

I realize this message is quite old, but I just got my NDLR a few days ago and this is already driving me a bit crazy. I'd happily give up the SHIFT + PLAY ALL modulation toggle to have SHIFT + PLAY ALL reset the sequencer.
It should probably be the other way around: PLAY resets all to start on first step. “Shift+ Play” to resume.
(08-17-2021, 01:47 PM)kuehnl Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 10:56 AM)KingKrog Wrote: When i press play all/stop all, it does not reset the sequencer. This wouldnt be *too* bad except i'm syncing with a drum machine, and it restarts the drum pattern when play is pressed.

Thanks for listening!

I realize this message is quite old, but I just got my NDLR a few days ago and this is already driving me a bit crazy. I'd happily give up the SHIFT + PLAY ALL modulation toggle to have SHIFT + PLAY ALL reset the sequencer.
Hi there, is this being addressed? 
I got my NDLR a few days ago, and this is quite a no-go for me.
Same for the play/pause of the individual parts. I cant live with the fact that my carefully crafted rhythm goes all bonkers when I pause a part: I clock the NDLR from a Digitakt, and was expecting the four buttons to behave like track-mute on the Digitakt, i.e. keep the rhythm cohesive.
Please let me know if you are planning on looking into this - otherwise I would return my NDLR (which is really lovely otherwise!!)
It may be addressed at some point but it's not currently being worked on, no.
Yes, extremely important for those who sync noodler with drum machines. +1

Also the individual parts going out of sync when paused is troubling.