Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR USB not recognized by iConnectivity MIDI4+ host
BTW - in case someone likes to do a dump of his USB devices, here is the link to the tool:

https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_descriptordumper.shtml

Regarding the iconnectivity interfaces: I use the MIDI4+ since it was released and had very few devices that were not accepted by it (and its little brother MIO4), so they did a fairly good job with their USB host.

The Problem is more on the manufacturer of devices side like older Novation Launchpads that put their virtual Ableton port first in order. The Roland Fantom ist a different story, having been very picky with classcompliant USB devices, but with the last update they seem to have something fixed (and that was the reason for having that dumper tool in the first place) since I sent them some dumps too, so that now the Launchpad Pro MKI works which initially did not.
---
bye, 
       Dietmar
That tool is windows only, but if you don't use windows (as I don't), you can also use `lsusb` with various options (you may need to unbind the interface first, to see all of them).
Normally, I am on Mac, but I dont have such a tool there, although I recall having seen something like that in the developer tools.
---
bye, 
       Dietmar
Following. Same issue here (iCM4+). Am out of DIN ports too. Would appreciate a fix!

cheers
Dirk
Bumping this as well - been several months and no updates from the dev team.
Bump, please help!
Seems the team is focused on finishing the MRCC now.

BTW: NDLR will not run on MRCCs MIDI Host port with the current configuration, unless the port is set up like a desktop computer and does handle all USB devices, which does not make sense for embedded hardware.
---
bye, 
       Dietmar
(03-21-2021, 12:27 PM)microbug Wrote: Seems the team is focused on finishing the MRCC now.

BTW: NDLR will not run on MRCCs MIDI Host port with the current configuration, unless the port is set up like a desktop computer and does handle all USB devices, which does not make sense for embedded hardware.

Thanks Micro, we are pretty focused on finalizing the MRCC at the moment, so this will have to wait a little bit longer before we can continue the process. 
BTW: NDLR runs great with the MRCC in the current configuration. No idea what would suggest that it wouldn't, but we definitely wouldn't make a MIDI device that doesn't work well with our own MIDI device. 

Jesse
(03-21-2021, 04:37 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: BTW: NDLR runs great with the MRCC in the current configuration. No idea what would suggest that it wouldn't, but we definitely wouldn't make a MIDI device that doesn't work well with our own MIDI device.

It sure will run on DIN MIDI ports, but unless the MRCCs MIDI host ports dont use the same non-standard settings NDLR uses (and that causes it not to work on non-computer USB host ports) it will not.
---
bye, 
       Dietmar
I have an MRCC and a NDLR in front of me now and can confirm they do work together.