Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR out of sync with modular
Hi there,

I just received my NDLR and I'm already noodling away, what a great inspirational peace of gear this is!

Besides jamming with my synths over midi, I also want my NDLR to play along with my modular system. So I set up my Pamela's New Workout clock module to sends out the clock signal (CV) to my NDLR. When I start the clock it seems like the NDLR syncs nicely with cv clock signal, but soon enough it starts running out of sync. Sometimes it catches up again, but in general the sync is too much off and unstable to be able to jam with my modular.
Anybody has had a similar experience? Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance for ideas that might be helpful.

Cheers,
Marten
First thing I'd check is the PPQN you've got set on the Pams and NDLR. I haven't tested this, but I did find going I needed to set PPQN to 24 when I was going from my Deluge to Pams.
(10-10-2020, 04:04 AM)martenmeij Wrote: Hi there,

I just received my NDLR and I'm already noodling away, what a great inspirational peace of gear this is!

Besides jamming with my synths over midi, I also want my NDLR to play along with my modular system. So I set up my Pamela's New Workout clock module to sends out the clock signal (CV) to my NDLR. When I start the clock it seems like the NDLR syncs nicely with cv clock signal, but soon enough it starts running out of sync. Sometimes it catches up again, but in general the sync is too much off and unstable to be able to jam with my modular.

Cheers,
Marten
Hey Marten,
Congrats on the new NDLR, I find mine to be pretty inspirational as well. As far as clock issues go, I haven't seen anything like this before. In fact the NDLR's MIDI clock is probably one of the most accurate clocks I've ever used. I wonder what is causing the instability. I will plug the analog clock out into my modular gear tonight and see if I have any similar issues and report my findings.
Talk Soon,
Jesse
(10-18-2020, 09:26 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Cheers,
Marten
Hey Marten,
Congrats on the new NDLR, I find mine to be pretty inspirational as well. As far as clock issues go, I haven't seen anything like this before. In fact the NDLR's MIDI clock is probably one of the most accurate clocks I've ever used. I wonder what is causing the instability. I will plug the analog clock out into my modular gear tonight and see if I have any similar issues and report my findings.
Talk Soon,
Jesse
So I just hooked up a pocket operator as that was what I had nearby, which syncs at 4ppqn and was able to get up to about 214BPM before it started missing a beat here and there. I will do more tests at higher PPQN tomorrow with the modular to see if it gives me any issues.
Jesse
(10-18-2020, 10:27 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 09:26 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Cheers,
Marten
Hey Marten,
Talk Soon,
Jesse
So I just hooked up a pocket operator as that was what I had nearby, which syncs at 4ppqn and was able to get up to about 214BPM before it started missing a beat here and there. I will do more tests at higher PPQN tomorrow with the modular to see if it gives me any issues.
Jesse
So today I hooked up the NDLR clock out to grids input and set the ppqn to 24, and used channel 1 to advance the x channel of rene with a 4 on the floor pattern. This worked as expected with no errors all the way up to 300 bpm and felt dead steady the whole time, so I'm stumped.
I just reread your issue and realized I am thinking of this backwards! You want out of modular into NDLR! I'll try this and let you know what I find.
Jesse
Hi, I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in as I have the same setup.

I can confirm that the PNW needs to send 24 PPQN and that it works fine. I have one problem though. If I press stop and then play on the PNW, the motif does not restart from the beginning (and is out of sync). Does anyone know how to deal with this?