Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly Chain Output
I have the poly chain set to 4 and the NDLR is only sending notes on/off to channels 3 and 4.  This is occurring both in my DAW and in the Pocket MIDI utility.  Any idea why channels 1&2 are note firing off?
(09-19-2020, 06:23 PM)LeVillian Wrote: I have the poly chain set to 4 and the NDLR is only sending notes on/off to channels 3 and 4.  This is occurring both in my DAW and in the Pocket MIDI utility.  Any idea why channels 1&2 are note firing off?
Hi Villain,
Can you give me a little more info about your setup? What channels are all the parts on?

The menu can be a little confusing as Settings 1/3 has a little subscript that always says "Pad (+3)" even when the setting (located on settings page 3/3) is set to another value. It's there as a reminder that whatever Pad channel you choose, to remember that the polychain will take up the next 3 channels as well if enabled. I usually use 1 and 2 for motif 3 for Drone and 4 - 7 as Pad if I want to polychain.

I don't know what happens if two parts share a channel, but I imagine it just sends all the notes for both parts rather than canceling one out, so that doesn't seem like a likely scenario, but it may be possible? I'll wait to hear what parts are on which channels to do further investigation.

Jesse
(09-19-2020, 06:23 PM)LeVillian Wrote: I have the poly chain set to 4 and the NDLR is only sending notes on/off to channels 3 and 4.  This is occurring both in my DAW and in the Pocket MIDI utility.  Any idea why channels 1&2 are note firing off?
Jessie,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I figured it out.  My range was too narrow.  Noob like mistake

Cheers,

LeVillian