Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NDLR Cntl to specific port
As it is now NDLR Cntl receives key changes from ALL (Default 15 ALL)

My setup is: Deluge MIDI Track 15 sequences NDLR chord changes. This works fine...but:
When I enter a MOTIF Menu every chord change causes a step value change in my MOTIF.
(08-31-2020, 03:13 PM)racecube Wrote: As it is now NDLR Cntl receives key changes from ALL (Default 15 ALL)

My setup is: Deluge MIDI Track 15 sequences NDLR chord changes. This works fine...but:
When I enter a MOTIF Menu every chord change causes a step value change in my MOTIF.
I've seen this too. I wonder if I can talk Steve into adding a menu value for this, so you can turn that behavior on and off. The issue is that the flash memory on the device is almost all taken up and there aren't many bits left unused and if we add a menu item it has to be put into each save state as well. It may be possible, but I can't promise anything. I'll add it to the bug list and discuss it with him. In the mean time, sorry about the inconvenience.
Jesse
Thumbs Up 
after all for me personally it would help to limit NDLR Cntl to USB 1 as I can route the OUT/IN ports from everything through my BLOKAS MIDIHUB.
...any news on this topic?

NDLR is still an important device in my setup, but there are certain things that got to be solved
(09-01-2020, 11:28 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 03:13 PM)racecube Wrote: As it is now NDLR Cntl receives key changes from ALL (Default 15 ALL)

I've seen this too. I wonder if I can talk Steve into adding a menu value for this, so you can turn that behavior on and off. The issue is that the flash memory on the device is almost all taken up and there aren't many bits left unused and if we add a menu item it has to be put into each save state as well. It may be possible, but I can't promise anything. I'll add it to the bug list and discuss it with him. In the mean time, sorry about the inconvenience.
Jesse

An Option to turn this behavior off and only use the incoming note values to sequence the chords would be awesome. I use a digitakt to sequence chord changes and it is pretty much the only issue i have with my setup.
are there plans to add this option?
(02-16-2021, 03:42 PM)aminals Wrote:

Jesse

An Option to turn this behavior off and only use the incoming note values to sequence the chords would be awesome. I use a digitakt to sequence chord changes and it is pretty much the only issue i have with my setup.
No plan yet, but once we get the MRCC launched (very close now) we will have the bandwidth to sit down and look at the NDLR firmware and I would like to see if this is something we can take a look at then. It really comes down to what does Steve think, but I'll definitely see if I can get that to happen. In a perfect world, what would the solution look like? What seems easiest would be to filter the NDLR Ctrl channel from making changes to the Pattern editor, but that might not solve every problem, so the next easiest seems like it would be to turn the Pattern editor input on and off with a menu option on that page, but I can't think of a great way to do that, since all the knobs do something already. Maybe pressing the encoder button on that page? 
Let me know what you think.
Jesse
(02-16-2021, 07:06 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 03:42 PM)aminals Wrote:

Jesse

No plan yet, but once we get the MRCC launched (very close now) we will have the bandwidth to sit down and look at the NDLR firmware and I would like to see if this is something we can take a look at then. It really comes down to what does Steve think, but I'll definitely see if I can get that to happen. In a perfect world, what would the solution look like? What seems easiest would be to filter the NDLR Ctrl channel from making changes to the Pattern editor, but that might not solve every problem, so the next easiest seems like it would be to turn the Pattern editor input on and off with a menu option on that page, but I can't think of a great way to do that, since all the knobs do something already. Maybe pressing the encoder button on that page? 
Let me know what you think.
Jesse

Maybe you could just use the existing menu item and expand the options.
For example, if you could select whether the NDLR Control channel controls only the PAD or only the pattern or both.
In the menu this could look like this (example channel 15):

15 PAD
15 PTRN
15 BOTH

Since the current addition "ALL" is superfluous, since there is no other option, it could be left out.

It would still be great to have both options, but prevent them from interfering with each other.
I don't know if it's possible that way, but that would probably be my "perfect world" method Smile