Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Max4live gurus out there?
I don't have the chops, but if someone out there does, a m4l NDLR controller device would be amazing.

If you make it, pleeeeease let me know. I'll be happy to beta test it.
It's not ready for Beta yet, but I'm working on a few Max MIDI effects to wrap up Appendix A of the manual. Something like NDLR Control (General), NDLR Control (Pad), NDLR Control (Drone), NDLR Control (Motif). I'm at the proof of concept with the General module right now, successfully controlling (directly and via automation or external controller - FaderFox EC4, Push 2 via Rack/Macro) Degree, Type, Key, Mode, Tempo, Chord inversion, MIDI keyboard control mode and Humanisation level.

I've split it up into separate modules for the very pragmatic reason that I don't know how to simply create a tabbed interface and I don't want to overwhelm users with a thousand knobs and sliders. Also my pattern of noodling often only messes with Motif-1, say, relying on modulation to keep the rest interesting without much user intervention, so possibly it's a feature rather than a restriction to keep things separate (spoken like the good Apple user that I am)?

I've not done any work on presentation yet (like I say, it's just a POC at the moment), but here's a picture anyway - it'll get denser and more ordered before I do any first release of this:

[Image: early_poc.png?raw=true]

Is this what you were thinking of, Ego Likeness? It certainly scratches an itch I had, to make the maximum use of automation lanes and external controllers that I run through Ableton.

Current development plan:
  • Get status loading working (CC 15,16, 17) so that the interface has current values at startup
  • Finish adding the General section CC's
  • Release NDLR Control (General) to an adoring public and get feedback
  • Create the Pad, Drone and Motif modules based on the feedback
None of that is difficult (fiddly and firmware-version-dependent yes, but not difficult) and I'm not exactly rushed off my feet with other "work" right now. But no release dates - it'll be done when it's done.
Status loading is mostly working now. A bug report has been filed for CC# 68, Clock In; this control will have to be omitted for now since I can't retrieve the value properly.

I've also figured out a tabbed interface, so there'll just be one NDLR CC Control module. Will still push a beta of the General CC's section this week (all being well), with the tabbed interface disabled.
I've created a new thread for my development work on this device: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1251
This sounds promising and definately something I would use to get more out of my NDLR
(12-10-2020, 10:33 AM)robrain Wrote: I've created a new thread for my development work on this device: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1251

An early pre-alpha version of the device has now been pushed to github. Go to the development thread for instructions.