Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressing the pad encoders does not bring up the pad sub screen
Hello all,

Here is the issue I am experiencing:

The expected behavior when I click on an encoder, is that the sub screen that corresponds to that encoder should pop up. This is what happens with the motif, drone and tempo/key/mode sub screens. I click in any of the encoders for the motif sub screen and the motif sub screen comes up. Same with the drone sub screen (click on the encoder and the sub screen pops up) and same with the tempo/key/mode. However, if I click on any of the pad encoders the pad sub screen does NOT come up. The sub screen stays in the previous sub screen. Only when I turn the pad encoder that I clicked, then the screen changes to the pad screen at the same time that the parameter value changes.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

PS: If it would be helpful I can try to post a video

My unit has FW 1.1.066

Cheers

J
Hi Jose, I'm Gordon, I work at the factory here in China. Sounds like a hardware issue - sorry about this. If you want to email me at gordon@pivo.tc, we can start helping you get straightened out. Please include your serial number (on the sticker on the underside of your NDLR) for reference. Apologies again, glad you're enjoying your NDLR.

G
The same here....well, issue...no...behavior is the better word.
I don’t think its a faulty Knob. My guess is that it is just programmed this way.
It is just the screen-switch that is missing.

Just a guess. Maybe Jesse can chime in.  Rolleyes

Kind regards
False alarm - just got one out of the box (oven fresh - yum), and is the same was what you're describing. Asia customer support will have to kick this over to headquarters...

Jesse, thoughts?

G
Does this happen when everything is engaged? I noticed on mine with the pad, drone, and both motif's active if I switch from the first motif to the second, a similar issue occurs where I don't see the second motif menu options until I stop everything and then adjust the settings for that motif. Likewise, same thing appears to happen when I do the same but try to switch from the second to first motif.
Hi Gordon - thank you for checking! If this is determined to be a software issue hopefully it can be addressed on the next firmware release. I think it is reasonable to expect for the user interface to behave in the same manner when similar operations are executed. In this case, clicking on any of the encoders for a given part should bring up the sub screen for that part on the display. This seems to work fine with Drone, Tempo/Key/Mode and Motif but not with Pad. I will do some additional testing tonight to see if I can reproduce the issue reported above with switching Motif1/Motif2 and report back.

Cheers
J
Good catch! I'm pretty sure its been this way forever (>2 years), and I don't think anyone has mentioned it until now. There might even be a reason for having it that way. We'll ask Steve.
(07-13-2020, 12:57 PM)Darryl Wrote: Good catch! I'm pretty sure its been this way forever (>2 years), and I don't think anyone has mentioned it until now. There might even be a reason for having it that way. We'll ask Steve.
I'll add this to the bug list and if it's this way on purpose for some reason, Steve can squash it down!
Thanks Jose for being such a good detective.
Best,
Jesse
Thank you guys! I did some more testing today and in all scenarios the Pad sub screen behavior is the same. The pad sub screen never comes up when clicking the pad encoders. To bring the screen up the encoders have to be twisted (so you are making a change blindly before you can see the previous setting on the screen) The other parts and the tempo/key/mode sub screens always come up when clicking any of their respective encoders. If you don't click and just twist an encoder, the screen also comes up but with the corresponding value controlled by the encoder changed (as expected).
I have tried to reproduce the behavior described by Detunedoscillator above regarding Motif 1 and Motif 2 but in the testing I did in my unit they work fine. This is what I did:
1- With the four parts engaged, I click on the Motif selector, the sub screen of one of the Motifs comes up and then I can switch back and forth the Motif screens by pressing the selector button without problems.
2- I go from either Motif screen to the drone or the tempo (by clicking their respective encoders) then switch back to the Motif screen I was before by clicking on any of the Motif encoders. If I then click the Motif selector button, it switches to the other Motif screen.
Cheers
J
(07-13-2020, 10:56 PM)JoseC Wrote: Thank you guys! I did some more testing today and in all scenarios the Pad sub screen behavior is the same. The pad sub screen never comes up when clicking the pad encoders. To bring the screen up the encoders have to be twisted (so you are making a change blindly before you can see the previous setting on the screen) The other parts and the tempo/key/mode sub screens always come up when clicking any of their respective encoders. If you don't click and just twist an encoder, the screen also comes up but with the corresponding value controlled by the encoder changed (as expected).
I have tried to reproduce the behavior described by Detunedoscillator above regarding Motif 1 and Motif 2 but in the testing I did in my unit they work fine. This is what I did:
1- With the four parts engaged, I click on the Motif selector, the sub screen of one of the Motifs comes up and then I can switch back and forth the Motif screens by pressing the selector button without problems.
2- I go from either Motif screen to the drone or the tempo (by clicking their respective encoders) then switch back to the Motif screen I was before by clicking on any of the Motif encoders. If I then click the Motif selector button, it switches to the other Motif screen.
Cheers
J
Jose, thank you for providing this information, I can concur that this is exactly the behavior I see as well.

Detuned, can you give this another shot and confirm that your device behaves differently? Maybe check the firmware number for me in Settings menu 3/3 (you may need to press the lower right encoder button to switch from serial number to fw number.

Thanks again to both of you,
Jesse