Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC with Electra One anyone?
Has anyone used an Electra One with the MRCC? I'm debating buying an Electra so I'd like to know  what the deal is. Thanks.
(07-05-2022, 05:27 AM)Stratblue Wrote: Has anyone used an Electra One with the MRCC? I'm debating buying an Electra so I'd like to know  what the deal is. Thanks.

Two MRCCs, two Electra Ones here. 
Note - currently, you need to hook up the E One USB directly to the computer to download/edit templates until the MRCC guys get sysex working across all ports.

The EOne MIDI DINports work just fine to control gear via CC or sysex(ports 1-5).
(07-05-2022, 10:16 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 05:27 AM)Stratblue Wrote: Has anyone used an Electra One with the MRCC? I'm debating buying an Electra so I'd like to know  what the deal is. Thanks.

Two MRCCs, two Electra Ones here. 
Note - currently, you need to hook up the E One USB directly to the computer to download/edit templates until the MRCC guys get sysex working across all ports.

The EOne MIDI DINports work just fine to control gear via CC or sysex(ports 1-5).

Thanks, OGG.
Any updates on Electra One fully working when connected via USB MIDI Host ports of MRCC?
No changes on the SysEx front as of this time. You'll still need direct connection for anything that can't adapt to the SysEx restrictions of the MRCC USB ports.
(09-01-2024, 08:49 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: No changes on the SysEx front as of this time. You'll still need direct connection for anything that can't adapt to the SysEx restrictions of the MRCC USB ports.
What are the sysex restrictions on the USB ports? A complete block? I know I couldn't get my XpandR 4x1 to pass sysex dumps, making it somewhat useless to me.
I think the limitations are still 256 bit packets with a delay of 40 ms between packets if I remember correctly, if that doesn't work it may be a slightly longer delay.
Here is the FAQ page for configuring for large SysEx transfers:

FAQ for large SysEx