Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
difference between P-chain on Pad
I would expect it to be the same if I have a Pad sound on 1 Channel or if I have a Pad sound on 3 channels chained in the global settings (of course Synth sound on all three channels exactly the same), but it isn´t not even in the harmonies. I´ve read through the manual and have no explanation for that behaviour.

Can you confirm that a chain on three channels with the exact same sound is the same as play it on one channel in case of harmonies?
I believe the expected result is just a round robin selection of each note sent, with each consecutive note going to a different output. I don't know if they're treated as monophonic or not, but if that is the case that could explain the difference, since only 3 notes would sound. I'll ask Steve if he can explain that for me.
It seems like there might be a difference due to the way the notes are distributed across the channels. If the notes are being sent in a round-robin manner, only three notes might be sounding at once, which could affect the harmonies. Jesse mentioned checking with Steve for more details. I am waiting for his clarification.
Jesse mentioned checking with Steve for more details. I am waiting for his clarification.

yes....let us wait
I wasn't able to clarify this with Steve, but I have another guy working on some stuff for the NDLR currently and I will ask him to please take a look, and he is usually in the room with me about 3 days a week, so I can pretty much guarantee I can pin him down to find out. He's on a bike trip until Next weekend, so I'm adding it to my calendar now and I'll get an answer for you next week.

Also if it's not working correctly we can fix it!
I had our guy take a look at the code and it sounds like the Polychain setting doesn't limit the number of notes, it should just be round robin hocketing them to the specified number of MIDI channels. If that's not happening for you can you provide me with a repeatable test so I can reproduce the result?