Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB ports not appearing when connected to iconnectivity Mio XL
Curious what’s going on here. I have an Iconnectivity Mio Xl that has 10 USB host ports. It works great with any USB MIDI device I own except the NDLR, which is not being recognized when I connect it. The NDLR powers up when connected and works great but is not appearing as a USB device. I otherwise successfully have a keystep, cirklon (which appears as 6 USB devices), SQ1, microfreak, minilogue XD, Kordbot, SE engine, and more connected to these USB host ports. Any idea why the NDLR isn’t being recognized and what I can do to remedy it?
We and some other NDLR customers have previously reported the issue with MIO not recognizing The NDLR class compliant USB MIDI. We even sent them USB dumps, but apparently they have not fixed whatever the problem is. There are a couple of things that might hang up their USB MIDI host code; The NDLR is a compound USB device with 4 MIDI Ins and Out, plus a serial port. So they could be hanging up on the serial port, which they should ignore, or they don't like having 4 USB virtual MIDI I/Os. USB is very complex, so it could be some other thing in the USB negotiation that they would have to debug.
Thanks for the response! I’ll nag them as well. The Cirklon similarly appears as 6 USB virtual
ports/devices and the Mio XL sees and uses them with no problem.
Good to know that the Cirklon has 6 USB virtual MIDIs. We'll want to test that on our MIDI router too.
If you want help beta testing the router, I’m glad to get in the mix. I am currently putting the iconnectivity Mio XL through its paces with:

Keystep
Kordbot
NDLR
Microfreak
Minilogue XD
Korg ARP Odyssey
Ensoniq SQ-80 (multitimbral)
Roland Alpha Juno
Roland MT-32 (multitimbral)
Roland TR-707
Roland TR-8
Emu SP-1200
Cirklon (6 virtual USB devices and 5x DIN MIDI I/O)
SE Engine
Teenage Engineering OPZ and OP-1
Korg SQ-1
several Volcas
A USAMO providing clock
And more, all at once, plus a home run to my Mac running Ableton and Logic

So if you want a stress test or whatever, PM me! Smile
(01-02-2020, 07:09 AM)Bigsniff Wrote: If you want help beta testing the router, I’m glad to get in the mix. I am currently putting the iconnectivity Mio XL through its paces with:

Keystep
Kordbot
NDLR
Microfreak
Minilogue XD
Korg ARP Odyssey
Ensoniq SQ-80 (multitimbral)
Roland Alpha Juno
Roland MT-32 (multitimbral)
Roland TR-707
Roland TR-8
Emu SP-1200
Cirklon (6 virtual USB devices and 5x DIN MIDI I/O)
SE Engine
Teenage Engineering OPZ and OP-1
Korg SQ-1
several Volcas
A USAMO providing clock
And more, all at once, plus a home run to my Mac running Ableton and Logic

So if you want a stress test or whatever, PM me! Smile
Nice collection, we'll keep that in mind.
Same over here, I got no connection to the MIO 10 as well...
has this been resolved for anyone? i know they've released a firmware update recently.

I'm about to receive the mio xl, so can't test just yet.
Just checking in to say that it's still not working, which is a real bummer. I can't help but feel like the ball is in Conductive Labs' court, as every single other piece of USB gear under the sun works flawlessly with the Mio XL. Since posting before I've also added a Behringer Model D, Elektron Model: Samples, and a Squarp Hermod and all of those are working instantly and flawlessly with it while the NDLR is still completely unrecognized. I'mw working around this right now by using the NDLR"s DIN MIDI out A and B to two of the Mio XL's MIDI inputs and spreading my four parts across those two then using the Mio to route them to where they need to go, but over the one USB cable would be a lot easier.
(06-04-2020, 05:44 PM)Bigsniff Wrote: Just checking in to say that it's still not working, which is a real bummer. I can't help but feel like the ball is in Conductive Labs' court, as every single other piece of USB gear under the sun works flawlessly with the Mio XL. Since posting before I've also added a Behringer Model D, Elektron Model: Samples, and a Squarp Hermod and all of those are working instantly and flawlessly with it while the NDLR is still completely unrecognized. I'mw working around this right now by using the NDLR"s DIN MIDI out A and B to two of the Mio XL's MIDI inputs and spreading my four parts across those two then using the Mio to route them to where they need to go, but over the one USB cable would be a lot easier.

looks like the multiclock will be relegated to USB use only ( if it works :-)

EDIT: and it looks like you can't send the clocks via USB on the multiclock...ouf, need to find a way around this hiccup.