Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong sus4 Chord Notes and Chord Display in Eb
This seems somewhat related to the previous post. I noticed when noodling in the harmonic minor scale, the chords and patterns don’t conform to the scale tones, for example the III chord should be an Augmented triad. This means that if I set up a noodle in harmonic minor, with the intent of improvising in the harmonic minor scale with another synth, the chords and patterns will have “wrong” notes for my purposes. This is how I usually jam, by exploring a scale, mode, or tonality. Which the NDLR is an excellent tool for this approach, though beyond the major scale it doesn’t work.

Could the chord and pattern note pools be made to, or have the option to, conform to the selected scale’s note pool? 

I would love to see the NDLR’s scale options expanded, as mentioned before, but in order to fully explore other tonalities the chords would need to be drawn from the scale. 
A really cool option would be the ability to build chords off diatonic 3’ds or diatonic 4’ths from each scale degree (Diatonic to the selected scale).

Anyway, really loving the NDLR!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wrong sus4 Chord Notes and Chord Display in Eb - by xencage - 02-02-2020, 12:27 PM