Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrcc, just want some clarification then im buying it!
(01-13-2023, 11:56 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:45 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 05:07 PM)oldgearguy Wrote: I'm using an E-RM multiclock with a pair of MRCCs just fine.

Hey, I have 2 MRCCs as well, and should soon be getting a Midronome (similar to E-RM).  If I want the DAW, Studio One, to be the transport and clock source through the Midronome, what special setup, if any, would be needed beyond simply routing the clock device to all outputs, and merging in other controllers?  Sadly, this DAW doesn't sync to MIDI Clock, but it can be the source.  Curious if you encountered any challenges with your setup.  Thanks.
What i would do is use the optional audio input on the midronome to have it sync with the DAW.  Then I would send one MIDI out to each MRCC.  That way,  there's less chaining and you have the ability to run devices on different MRCCs at different tempos and such.

99.9% of the time, both of my E-RM outs are running the same tempo,  but even though it uses up an extra input,  I never have to route the clock signal across MRCCs.  Plus,  I don't have to power up all my gear all the time just to have the clock working.

Super, thanks for the tips!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mrcc, just want some clarification then im buying it! - by Dark Waves - 01-13-2023, 09:09 PM