Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does routing work with 2 MRCCs?
(07-24-2022, 08:00 AM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 07:19 AM)seychmar Wrote: I’m thinking of buying a second MRCC as an expansion. Unless I am misunderstanding something, how could I possibly press and hold the Y button on MRCC 1 while simultaneously selecting the MIDI out port on MRCC 2 on the other side of the studio? There must be an easier way to do this. Would it be possible to implement a latch function on the Y button by double clicking for example?

On the MRCC that has the MIDI source (or input) you do both operations: select input, then, still from the same panel, select the destination (or output) on the other MRCC by doing the combo button press.  The Y button changes the function of the output buttons to temporarily address the other unit.  It can be done using just one hand.

Having two MRCCs is really nice.
Yeah, this is correct, you press the 'Y guy' button while pressing (on the same unit) the port number of the target port you wish to route to (on unit 2), so you only ever press the buttons of unit 1, but the output is routed to unit 2. If you wish to route from 2 to 1, then you must set those routings up on unit 2.

Messages In This Thread
How does routing work with 2 MRCCs? - by cowboy - 06-03-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: How does routing work with 2 MRCCs? - by Jesse Johannesen - 07-25-2022, 07:13 PM