Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pc port/monitoring with mac midi monitor
I tend to post embarrassingly simple question i think because i'm set in my ways, and then after a couple of years i try using a device in a different way.....

the mrcc (2 of them) has just worked flawlessly for me once i figured it out. I just use it.

but one thing that i have rarely done in my work flow is use midi clock to sync devices together. I'm not trying to figure out whether start/stop commands are being sent correctly through the mrcc. it's more complicated than that, since i'm setting up both connected devices to use clock, when normally i haven't. So this is all kind of new, but i think i understand midi and the basics of the mrcc.

circumstantial evidence thus far is that clock is working fine through the mrcc, but the start/stop commands are not - i'm guessing that because a direct midi cable between the 2 devices seems to make use of the midi start/stop, but going through the mrcc seems to sync the devices, but not start/stop the slave.  I thought I'd look at my midi monitor on the mac to see how the commands were coming in. hmmmm. am I going about this wrong? I hold the pc port out, and then press output 1 (i suppose i could press any of them for this purpose - it's just to monitor it). in any case, the midi monitor shows no clock at all. hmmm. the 3 to p01 routing page doesn't seem to show anything filtered....

what am i missing? i know that back when i used more daw midi throughput, i'd see clock commands on the midi monitor, so i'm suspecting that i have just forgotten something basic here.

thanks. hoping the question is dumb (= basic) and solved quickly.

Messages In This Thread
pc port/monitoring with mac midi monitor - by Nelson Baboon - 05-10-2022, 05:58 PM