Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motifs sometimes run off the beat when sync'ed externally
Hi, 
First of all thanks for making a great product. 

I'm struggling a bit though with some things. One of the things is that I seem to be getting Motifs that sometimes run synced to the beat, but sometimes seem to start (and run) off the beat. 

This is the way I can reproduce it:
1. I use cakewalk, it sends out a midi clock (90 bpm in my example)
2. Ndlr clock in=> USB 1
3. I have drone and motif 1 "on" before starting the sequencer. Motif 2 is off. Simple 1/8th patterns
4. I start the track on cakewalk, drone and motif 1 run in sync with Cakewalks metronome
5. Now using the switch on the Ndlr, i switch Motif 2 on. Sometimes it will run exactly on the beat. Sometimes it will start in the middle of the beat and stay that way. I can switch off and switch on again and sometimes the motif is on the beat again, and sometimes it will be off the beat. So completely independent. 

I have a feeling it has something to do with how close to the beat I switch the Motif on, but it's really hard to make certain it doesn't go wrong, so this will make it very hard to use in a (semi) live fashion.

Hope i'm not repeating something that has been asked before, I have searched.

By the way, version of the firmware: 1.1.066.

Best regards,
Arian Prins

Messages In This Thread
Motifs sometimes run off the beat when sync'ed externally - by prinsarian - 11-28-2020, 03:57 AM