Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC Freezes when KS37 is connected via USB
Bug 
Honestly it seems a little odd to me that you never heard about the issue, see: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/archive...-1751.html
Also that the KS37 is your lab's daily driver but it's not listed in the usb compatibility list seems strange to me.
This thread also does not shine the brightest light on the devices USB host capabilities: https://squarp.community/t/hapax-and-mrc...outer/8351

However, i'm here to help solving the issue, not to complain about things! =)

I did further testing without the Squarp Pyramid and only one KS37 and could reproduce the error:

KS37 connected to USB host port A, Novation Peak on midi out port 10. KS37 and MRCC are running the newest firmware.

1. Configure the KS37 dipswitches on the back to recieve clock over USB, set the SEQ/ARP switch on the front to ARP and the DIV knob on 1/16
2. Turn on the MRCC and load the factory default preset with no routing
3. (optional?) Route the USB host port A to midi out port 10
4. Enable MRCC's internal clock generator and set it to a high BPM like 170 (to get it crashing faster)
5. Route MRCC's internal clock to the KS37
6. Press start on the MRCC's internal clock, KS37 is synced now
7. Press the HOLD button on the KS37 to hold the arpeggiator
8. Play a chord on the KS37 so that the arp is playing notes fastly

It usually takes a few seconds (up to a minute) and the MRCC will crash. Maybe there is a internal clock loop going on that will confuse the MRCC?
This is a very basic scenario that you surley tested in your lab, did you? haha, no offense =)

I'm happy to help with further testing if needed and i rly hope that you can reproduce and fix the issue regarding your lab's daily driver.

Best regards,
Dennis

EDIT: I do not want to sound bitter or ironic, but suggesting to your customer to spend more money to work around a bug is something i would not do. However you can send me a Xpander for free if you want. That will also solve atleast my issue, haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MRCC Freezes when KS37 is connected via USB - by TakeCareOfMyMidi - 04-01-2024, 03:28 AM