Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC 880 Not outputting midi
Hey, let's see if I can give you a hand with this. I have Ableton on a MacMini over here and should be able to test the setup process and help figure out if there is a step that isn't mentioned above. One thing I'd like some clarification on is the MIDI Channel lighting up, where exactly is the light you're describing? Is this on the DAW or are you in MIDI Monitor mode on the 880? If not that may be a good troubleshooting step.

Something else occurs to me, you mention setting the output port in the DAW, but are you routing the PC port in to the MIDI DIN port out on the MRCC 880? If not that could be our issue. In DAW you need to send the MIDI to port 1-4, as you mention, but then on the Device you can send any of those PC ports to the DIN outs by pressing [PC PORT LEFT BUTTON + PORT1 (or 2,3,4)] to select which virtual port to route, this should light up the selected DIN port LED green until released, then after releasing the buttons, press the DIN port buttons you want that port routed to. In other words: the output ports listed in the DAW are internal virtual connections and need to be routed to the Physical DIN ports to actually go anywhere. If you want to send each Virtual port to it's own DIN output, you could do so by selecting Virtual Port 1, routing it to DIN1, Virtual Port2 to DIN2, etc. or you could just use 1 port and send it to all 4 and split downstream devices by MIDI channel.

Messages In This Thread
MRCC 880 Not outputting midi - by Naugrim - 06-10-2023, 10:03 AM
RE: MRCC 880 Not outputting midi - by Jesse Johannesen - 06-11-2023, 05:29 AM
RE: MRCC 880 Not outputting midi - by Naugrim - 06-11-2023, 05:58 AM
RE: MRCC 880 Not outputting midi - by Naugrim - 06-12-2023, 09:04 AM