Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Keyboard support [solved]
(07-28-2021, 05:21 PM)RandomPattern Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 08:40 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 08:51 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: I was more successful by using my wife ‘s logitech PC keybord. All good!

Maybe I should start a new thread since this one is "solved," but in case anyone can help, I have an old Dell USB keyboard plugged in to the USB A port, got a green light, but not making much headway.  The manual says to type in the text box - assuming this is where the first entry is 'none'?  Or do I need to scroll to something else?  I can't type over, delete, nor backspace over any existing entry, neither 'none' nor any other.  There don't seem to be empty slots, and the only one for which the 'delete' option is lit is "PortLabels."

On a related note, the instructions in blue text are not clear to me, for example (p. 40)  "Port (tab-stop list box)" and "SAVE +shift (tab-stop button)": what is "tab-stop" box and button?  Thanks.

+1 on the 'what is "tab-stop" box and button' question
Let me see if I can shine some light on this. 
In this case the word Tab-Stop is the nomenclature we use to describe any point on the screen that can be chosen as a place to interact, so when it says "Port (tab-stop listbox)" this means the Edit point labeled "Port", of the type "Listbox", meaning you choose from a list of values using the encoder.
"Save +shift (tabstop button)" means that you would highlight the SAVE button using the tabstop (up down selection buttons) and press and hold [SHIFT] then press the encoder button to activate the selection of the highlighted Save function on the screen. 
Jesse

(07-25-2021, 08:40 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 08:51 AM)Joris Röling Wrote: I was more successful by using my wife ‘s logitech PC keybord. All good!

Maybe I should start a new thread since this one is "solved," but in case anyone can help, I have an old Dell USB keyboard plugged in to the USB A port, got a green light, but not making much headway.  The manual says to type in the text box - assuming this is where the first entry is 'none'?  Or do I need to scroll to something else?  I can't type over, delete, nor backspace over any existing entry, neither 'none' nor any other.  There don't seem to be empty slots, and the only one for which the 'delete' option is lit is "PortLabels."

On a related note, the instructions in blue text are not clear to me, for example (p. 40)  "Port (tab-stop list box)" and "SAVE +shift (tab-stop button)": what is "tab-stop" box and button?  Thanks.

Sorry I missed you mate, I covered the last bit just a second ago in another post in this thread, but let's take a look at the first paragraph here. So yeah on the Edit Labels page of the Tools tab, the first textbox where it says None is where you need to highlight using the tabstop buttons (up/down white selection buttons). This should then enable you to make edits of the entry in that box, deleting the entry None, or adding letters after it. To save them you need to tab stop down one to the Save button and press the encoder button or the middle black tabstop button.
If that's not working for you there may be a compatibility issue with that keyboard. 
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
USB Keyboard support [solved] - by Joris Röling - 06-16-2021, 03:08 AM
RE: USB Keyboard support - by Jesse Johannesen - 06-16-2021, 07:59 AM
RE: USB Keyboard support - by Joris Röling - 06-16-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: USB Keyboard support - by Joris Röling - 06-17-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: USB Keyboard support - by Jesse Johannesen - 06-17-2021, 04:49 PM
RE: USB Keyboard support [solved] - by Dark Waves - 07-25-2021, 08:40 PM
RE: USB Keyboard support [solved] - by Jesse Johannesen - 07-29-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: USB Keyboard support [solved] - by Dark Waves - 07-29-2021, 04:36 PM