Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having some Issues with NDLR and VCV Rack
I uploaded a video highlighting the issue with sending degree changes simultaneously that might help clarify if I didn't explain it well.

Video example

You can see on the scopes that the CV change and Gate change are happening at the same time. However you can hear (and see later on the scope) that the pad is playing inconsistently and out of sync. I have Strum and Speed on the pad both set to 1 so it should just be playing a solid chord on the downbeat when the gate happens, but instead I get this staggered signal. I couldn't record the NDLR at the same time, but you can see the degree quickly change each time it happens.

So sending CC to 26 (for direct degree change) plays in sync with the key and mode changes, but when changing degree through CC there is no gate/trigger signal coming through the Pad or Drone outputs now. So unlike pressing the buttons on NDLR itself, the degree change happens but it doesn't trigger the pad chord essentially making the channel useless unless it is just left fully open. The drone "technically" works since it still changes notes on key changes, but it's not functioning like if you pushed the button directly (changing the note within the degree + key when pressed). Not sure if that is intentional or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having some Issues with NDLR and VCV Rack - by GreatSphynx - 04-29-2021, 07:00 PM