Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phantasmal force midi controller
I have a usb midi device called the phantasmal force I've successfully used with my mrcc for quite some time. They recently came out with a new firmware for the device and after installing the firmware it immediately locks up the mrcc. I can plug the PF into several other midihosts such as op1 field, my PC, the retrokits rk-6 and it works great with all of those but the mrcc is not happy. If I plug it into one of the 4 usb ports after the mrcc is running the mrcc will provide power to the various connected devices and all it's leds stay on and all connected devices stay powered but the mrcc screen is unresponsive and iit no longer appears to be processing any incoming or outgoing midi. If I start up the mrcc with the PF already plugged into a usb port the leds chase about halfway on the mrcc and the mrcc just hangs there. How can I try to troubleshoot this further. I really need the PF to use one of the usb ports in this case because of how messages are routed to the other devices. While the PF can send midi over trs I need to use usb midi to use an external clock. Please let me know what is a good next step to begin sorting out this issue. It is a usb midi compliant device and it uses an M0 arm processor with Uf2 bootloader. I tried unplugging many of the other devices on the mrcc and removing any midi routings to and from the port and I tried other usb ports too but the response is the same.