Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY reduction of LED spillover possible?
find my MRCC has horrible LED bleed / spillover, so much so that is difficult to distinguish whether there is a routing on a given output or whether it's a spillover from a nearby output.

I might consider taking the unit apart and putting some separators between the LEDs or wrapping them in electric tape or something along those lines. 

Has anyone done something similar? 
Is the internal design preventing similar solution somehow?
(07-28-2024, 03:57 PM)RadekPilich Wrote: find my MRCC has horrible LED bleed / spillover, so much so that is difficult to distinguish whether there is a routing on a given output or whether it's a spillover from a nearby output.

I might consider taking the unit apart and putting some separators between the LEDs or wrapping them in electric tape or something along those lines. 

Has anyone done something similar? 
Is the internal design preventing similar solution somehow?

Another option (if possible) is to increase the resistance to the LEDs so that they get less current and therefore are less bright.
That might be as simple as replacing a single resistor, but since I haven't opened these things up, I don't know for sure.

A reply from one of the devs would go a long way to focus you on the possible solutions.
Interesting idea, although I'm not sure, if it would be that helpful, because the bleed is significant with both low and high brightness.
I am getting used to it though, it's not that bad once one learns to distinguish it.
Right now it's alright, but it's a night time, so my preferred lowest brightness works fine.